Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

WATCH Georgia QB Jake Fromm: 'I've got to hit those shots'

SystemSystem Posts: 10,480 admin
edited November 2019 in Article commenting

imageWATCH Georgia QB Jake Fromm: 'I've got to hit those shots'

Georgia football quarterback Jake Fromm is not posting prolific passing numbers, but the Bulldogs keep winning and Kirby Smart is not concerned

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kirby is living between Jake's ears. Far too many easy throws require the receiver to make an acrobatic catch because Jake is overly cautious of the defender. When the receiver isn't able to make an acrobatic catch, the throw is just off his hands. That was the case on both potential TDs. A HC who hamstrings his offense because of an insatiable fear of the offense making a mistake is a terrible thing when that fear is transmuted into the mind of his QB and affects his ability to make the necessary plays to fulfill his team's potential.

C'mon Kirby! Give the offense the same enthusiastic support and freedom you give your defense! They have just as much talent, athleticism, and play making ability if you would only free them to do their jobs!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not much can be said, Jake. You try too hard at times, especially in the rain. Couple of finger-tippers: woulda-coulda-shoulda been TDs, plus some nice short shots to Swift really helped. My man Pickens...on the money to him, finally. I truly hope the GA Tech game is dry. We are rooting for you, Jake. About all I can say......except thanks to Swift, best RB in the game and Hot Rod.....he can kick that ball!!!!!!! Wow! Defense again..."tired" or not...GO DAWGS!

PS: I hope LSU doesn't see the replay video.

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This offseason our number one priority better be finding an offensive identity. We have a championship defense and a middle school offense with a gun shy QB who everyone keeps saying is so great.

• Options
    jackbmattjackbmatt Posts: 122 ✭✭✭ Junior

I've heard that Fromm has relatively small hands - that's a problem throwing in the rain (or cold). Having said that though, we all used to react when folks called Fromm a "game manager" but, in the end, they were right. I don't know if he's hurt, but right now he's got a noodle arm.

• Options
    DDubDDub Posts: 58 ✭✭✭ Junior

This is all on Fromm. He better get mentally tough because I know the guy behind him isn't scared (gunslinger Stetson Bennett). He still isn't seeing wide open receivers (Cook and D-ROB). I would not blame Cook one bit if he transfers

• Options
    bull68dawgbull68dawg Posts: 809 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kirby needs to take a page from Coach O books and step his ass back and let the coordinators do their job. Stop Implementing your philosophy on the offense!! It worked for Bama in 2011 but it’s not suited for the game in 2019, even Saban changed offenses. Kirby is the restricter plate on this race car!! Fromm is obviously broken from over coaching and plays scared all the time. Not often you see a college Qb get worse as the years go along but we have somehow made that happen.

• Options
    DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 412 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Something is just not right with Jake. Some of his throws are tentative and arrive late. He often overthrows receivers and sometimes just doesn't see the open man. I don't know if he is hurt or, as someone has said, that Smart is in Jake's head. Our offense is the worst it has been in years, but we have all of these 4 and 5 star athletes. The play calling is too conservative. C'mon Kirby, open up the offense and let Jake get back the confidence he has apparently lost.

• Options
    TfbTfb Posts: 40 ✭✭ Sophomore

Jake is playing scared. Don't make a mistake, Kirby, is in his head.

• Options
    ancelyancely Posts: 80 ✭✭✭ Junior

The over throw to Pickens on what would have been a td wasn't on Fromm. If you watch the replay you will see Pickens slow a tad after the ball was in the air. If he ran through it wouldn't have been a couple inches short. You can see it on SEC Now

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"No concern there"..Really? Easy completions and badly thrown, do that against LSU and it'll be a long game for the DAWGS.

• Options
    KeithsaxonKeithsaxon Posts: 683 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't care how we do it ! JUST WIN BABY !!!!!!

• Options
    PDAWG176PDAWG176 Posts: 3 ✭ Freshman

I’ve defended Jake all year, I mean his freshman and sophomore years he was in the top 5 in stats so I know he can do it. ( He also had a top notch receiving core ), But something has got him off. Don’t know if he’s lost confidence or he’s being over coached putting more pressure on him than needed. Ga plays it’s best when it sticks to GA football, pound with the run and squeeze some play action passes in. We aren’t built for high scoring games this year, it’s all about time of possession and wearing the defense out but that depends on Fromm making some 3rd down conversation which he is struggling to do. I think Kirby should stick with just being the head coach and the defense and either trust his OC and staff or get some he can trust. Jake is a smart OB and understands the game, reading the defense and has shown in the past he can throw the ball. Whatever has happened where it Jake or coaching in the last few games needs to be fixed before Dec 7th. I still believe Jake and hope he gets it fixed

• Options
    brinkmanmsbrinkmanms Posts: 84 ✭✭✭ Junior

Seeing the same thing in Chicago with Bears and Trubisky. Fromm appears to have regressed since last year. I love Fromm, but.....I am 58 and literally think I can run a faster 40! At the very least, he does not present any type of run threat to challenge defenses. My answer would be more "Wild Dog"!!!