Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

LSU Football Twitter account brags ‘SEC has NEVER seen an offense like this’

SystemSystem Posts: 10,410 admin
edited November 2019 in Article commenting

imageLSU Football Twitter account brags ‘SEC has NEVER seen an offense like this’

What’s that saying? If you’re great, you’ll never have to say – other people will say it for you. LSU Football’s official Twitter account is feeling mighty confident about its offense these days. On Sunday night, it tweeted “The @SEC has never seen an offense like this …” At the start of the video, there’s a clip of

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Keep Cager on the shelf for Tech. We need him at 100% for LSU. Fromm is a different QB and the offense is much less predictable when Jake has his "go to" target. If we score 30, we win! Go Dawgs!

• Options
    dogs_n_bravesdogs_n_braves Posts: 121 ✭✭✭ Junior

Our defense will do just fine . . . if our corners and nickels keep their hands off the receivers. The last two weeks, the refs missed at least five P.I. calls - and they always seem to be a critical moments of the game.

If can somehow find a way to hit a couple 15-yarders over the middle and one or two successful screens, then we win . . . because we will be able to run left, right, and middle. Man, I miss the fullback.

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yep and odds are showing a 3.5 point game (for LSU) with ESPN showing a 47.5% chance of us winning. Do not underestimate us.

• Options
    PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

From rarely throws over the middle.  All his passes are to the sidelines.  That's why teams can stack the box, even when UGA is passing every down. If Kirby plays his soft zone.  It is a guarantee that LSU will hang 40 on us.  I do not think the dawgs can run with LSU.  Defense wins championships. But our offense has been atrocious against mediocre talent.  We will NOT shut LSU offense down.  Best you can hope for is to keep them under 30 points.  Dawgs have a chance, if they can do that. 

• Options
    BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior

I don't understand this article........Yes, their team is undefeated....Why should they not make statements like this

• Options
    diesel_7diesel_7 Posts: 79 ✭✭✭ Junior

Well, the LSU twitter account was right, like it or not. And if UGA doesn't find some offense themselves, mid-3rd quarter & 4th quarter is going to get ****.

• Options
    diesel_7diesel_7 Posts: 79 ✭✭✭ Junior

Did COX / ajc REALLY just blank my word???!!!!!!!!!???? It was YOU GEE EL WHY. What does that spell???????????? WHY is that a banned word??????????????? Do we need 'safe spaces' here on this blog!!!!!!!!!! **** is this world coming to???????????????

• Options
    JoeFannJoeFann Posts: 170 ✭✭✭ Junior

There's another saying. "It ain't braggin' if you can do it." I'm sure the Dawgs are "looking forward to the challenge," while NOT overlooking the Bee team. 'Nuff said. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    JoeFannJoeFann Posts: 170 ✭✭✭ Junior

BTW--It should be an interesting statistical comparison having LSU playing TAMU immediately following our game. Not that they had a similar tuneup before it. LSU better not look too far ahead. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't know how things will go on Dec. 7. My lament is that in a year when Alabama will be without EITHER Jalen Hurts or Tua Tagovailoa, we have to go up against what MAY BE the best SEC offense of all time in LSU. That's the kind of "can you believe this" kind of luck that follows UGA.

• Options
    dogs_n_bravesdogs_n_braves Posts: 121 ✭✭✭ Junior

Popeyethesailor,

I agree . . . but imagine if we ran a couple decent screens and two or three square-ins over the middle. Then we can run the ball without a stacked box. But, the back-shoulder to the sideline is all we ever throw and the LBs can crowd the line. We might even convince Johnson or Washington to commit with a TE seam every now and then - and pick of a first down.

Regardless, have to hold LSU to fewer than 28 points. Their defense is more than enough to keep us to that number. Hotrod could be the difference.

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Pride comes before the fall

• Options
    DawggyDawggy Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited November 2019

I'm just wondering what happened to the UGA offense this season? You know, the one that outdueled Oklahoma a couple of years ago? This season has nearly turned into the nightmare of the (offensively) season after Bobo left us for Colorado State.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ed Orgeron has built a mighty machine at LS.U. He is proud of his accomplishment and he lets us know. Kirby Smart is equally proud of his tenure with the Dawgs. Expresses his pride differently. December 7 will decide who gets to wear the SEC crown or belt, whichever you prefer...this time around. The Dawgs look healthy now, except for Cager. I expect them to acquit themselves well against LSU's vaunted offense. It should be a nail biter. Defense against offense. Orgeron does not like low-scoring games. UGA may just provide that. UGA's defense is the best in the SEC. GO DAWGS!

FYI only -That verse in Proverbs 16:18 reads: "Pride goes before destruction and an haughty spirit before a fall."

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

If Colorado State fires Bobo, Kirby could have a golden opportunity for a first-rate offense.