Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

What's next for Georgia: Bowl bid, players leaving, potential staff changes

Comments

• Options
    rtparkerivrtparkeriv Posts: 90 ✭✭✭ Junior

The plays were there tonight, they just weren’t executed. I don’t see how that can be blamed on Coley. Fromm missed open receivers to kill the first two possessions. There was a drop by Simmons during the first possession. And Matt Landers had two drops in one drive, one for a touchdown. Beyond frustrating.

Another commenter said Fromm is hurt. I have thought he either has an injury or some sort of personal problem. Something has caused the regression. Maybe he is trying too hard to guide the ball and not just making natural throws.

• Options
    BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior

Laughing...an argument for the 8 team playoff....If you lose out of the four team playoff any bowl feels like the loser bowl...can anyone see this team getting exicted about playing the Baylor Bears

• Options
    WestAshleyDawgWestAshleyDawg Posts: 19 ✭✭ Sophomore

James Coley can't be the OC next season. The defense didn't look great today, but maybe Burrows will hang at least 30 on every team in the playoffs. We had a "no name" defense this year, and it was pretty darn good. The offense is a shadow of what it was the last couple of seasons. You can't blame the loss of players to the NFL, because the defense had the same problem.

We need to get a creative OC, and Smart needs to turn over the offense. He's always going to be a defensive coach at heart, and that's fine as long as we have the right OC.

• Options
    UGADAWG4LifeUGADAWG4Life Posts: 273 ✭✭✭ Junior

Bring back OC Mike Bobo please !

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Suggestion: Take a look at Saban's and Sweeny's first four years as a HC. Kirby has them both beat by miles! How many other coaches today have gone to a NC game and three conference championships in their first four years? I'll save you some time...Zero! Kirby has some growing and soul searching to do, but anyone else would be a step backwards. A HUGE step!

• Options
    Dallas1862Dallas1862 Posts: 43 ✭✭ Sophomore

Well that sux buttermilk! They handed us our head on a platter ta say the least.

CKS has some sole searching to do tonight. Clearly he needs to take a hard look at the truth that was the season, not just today. Yes, the team played very well most of the year. Yes, there were/are areas that need addressing. Especially the offense.

I'm not trying to poke a sharp stick into an open wound. But the truth is this team has had issues on offense All year long! Certainly injuries have played a part in things. Guess what. All teams have injuries to deal with. SCjr sure showed us that. But then we got back up an by the FL game we were for the most part happy with the team's performance.

But there always seemed too be something amiss. Fromm was either late on throws or over throwing wide open receivers. Was he hurt or just pressing? I doubt we ever are told the truth about any lingering injury issue.

The O-line. Hell it was being heralded as the best in all of college football. Better even than most NFL teams have. That didn't exactly pan out. Yes, injuries, I know.

On the defensive side of the ball Kirby has assembled one of the great groups anywhere. Baring injuries they could rewrite the record book by the time they are gone.

Post game BA & Jeff postulated on what happened. What did happen? Was it all about today or the season as a whole. Yes. It's a good measure of both. But if we're being honest, it's also about CKS himself. His dogged determination that we are a ground an pound team. Or are we? If the likes of Pickens, Blalock, Robinson etc. are as integral to our success as we say, then the answer is No. If that's true, then stop saying we're RBU. Because that implies we still line up in the I and the fullback belly play is central too what we do. We don't and it's not.

Tomorrow we find out whay bowl an who in it we play. Time for the players who could opt to leave via the draft need too say whether or not they're playing in the bowl. Strike that. If you put on the Red helmet with a black G on the side in week one, then **** it! You better be all in for the bowl!! Too hell with this "I need to asses my draft position" Crap! You weren't assessing your draft position then.

I know we're hurting as a fan base. I know the players are too. Let's see what bowl we get too participate in and Go Win the **** thing! Go Dawgs!!

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bobo being Kirby's best friend makes him the perfect fit for OC because Kirby will trust him to open the offense without selling out the defense. As the QB coach, Coley has to take responsibility for Fromm's regression. It's not just the receivers. Bobo should be coaching the offense for the bowl game. As much as fans don't like it, any bowl that is not a playoff game is nothing more than an exhibition and the practices are preps for next season. That's just the way it is in playoff era football!

Texas was "back" after last year's win over the Dawgs and the same people on this very same web site that are crucifying Kirby this year were saying the same things last year! Herman was the gold standard; Kirby trash. Texas 7 and 5! UGA 11 and 2. How can so many be so wrong, so often!

• Options
    latemodelraylatemodelray Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

We need an offensive coordinator with a good system

Bobo is that in spades

Watching LSU it was like playing a UGA offense led by CMR/Bobo and a defense prepared by CKS/ Lanning ….. That's what Bobo could bring to the table

The man over thinks things at times, like 3rd and 1 on the goal line and deciding to throw a pass instead of handing it to Gurley …… Hey he was right everyone was surprised lol it just didn't work …. Overall he has a great offensive system and a few years back he went into AL with an out matched Col ST team and scored 24 points in a loss however that turned out to be the second highest amount AL gave up that year

• Options
    SAVYSAVY Posts: 260 ✭✭✭ Junior

Bobo would be a homerun. I just don’t see it happening though. I also don’t see Kirby making wholesale changes. But it will be interesting to see how the offseason unfolds.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"Family" and Friends usually doesnt go well when they work together..

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I want to see the offense improve. It's been needed for 3 years, but many are acting like GA didn't come into this game with the best RB in the nation injured, and without Cager who likely has NFL talent.

Losing Blaylock and Jackson along with Swift being severely limited was a major blow, and just bad luck. LSU came into the game almost 100% healthy. The results match the missing pieces on offense.

Also, those throwing OC Coley under the bus, need to realize what he inherited and what he lost in his receiver room. You can't make steak out of beans. I'm not saying Coley is the answer, just that it's hard to know because of the talent vacuum.

Mike Bobo may be a great fit for OC, but I remember his offense being limited (lost top 2 RB's and top 3-4 receivers) and losing the 2013 Missouri game 41-26. He had a very good QB named Aaron Murray, but he couldn't get it done without the lost starters, either...

• Options
    edited December 2019

True.. I was referring more to the predictable play calling by both OC's.

• Options
    FredBearFredBear Posts: 232 ✭✭✭ Junior

Florida will be going to the Sugar bowl, not Georgia. After last night they will jump them in the rankings.

Georgia hired Richt 2.0 and are now just starting to realize it.

• Options

In Fromms own words.." I went out every week 100% ready to play" so if he was injured, it was kept quiet.. Very quiet

• Options
    RealityBasedDawgFanRealityBasedDawgFan Posts: 198 ✭✭✭ Junior

Just can not get over the fact that your horse finished last and you allowed Secretariat to leave for the OSU stable and headed to a Natty. Jake is Aaron Murray 2.0 and has already reached his zenith.

• Options
    edited December 2019

I wouldn't be at all shocked to see the name James Cook in the transfer portal. Kid is like Isaiah McKenzie, electric with the ball in the open field..an under utilized explosive weapon that was sorely needed this season.

• Options
    Jaylittle23Jaylittle23 Posts: 57 ✭✭✭ Junior

Give me a break....Burrows is a Great QB. There is nothing wrong with our Coaches, players, or system. We were short handed at a key position due to injuries. Take Burrow and Tua out of the equation next year in the SEC look around and see who is in the best shape to make a run. If LSU doesn’t have Burrow running that system, it would be very pedestrian offense.....HE is the reason it runs so magnificently. So get over yourselves....you don’t get to dream up every player you want on a sheet of paper with all of your wishes fulfilled....Go Dawgs.... better days ahead!