Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

What's next for Georgia: Bowl bid, players leaving, potential staff changes

13»

Comments

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Keep Lanning. The defense played well, forget this game. They were put in bad situations when the offense and coach is too blame. 3 plays up the middle and punt, just doesn't get it done. Until CKS can learn to turn over the offense and stay out of it, next year will be the same thing.

1SICemDAWGS1, I said the same thing after the a&m game about Cook. I can see it, unfortunately.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No doubt the trust between the 2 would be there.Just saying, if they consider each other family as I've seen stated in articles on DAWGNATION, thats usually not a good mix in the work place. There are exceptions, and Bobo could possibly step in, and be a perfect fit. You never know until that opportunity arises.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2019

There's a lot to unpack with the whole Bobo thing. I do think the play calling and route running have gotten better over the past month or so. The main problem has been execution, and I find it almost comical that some are blaming Coley specifically for Fromm's inability to consistently hit open receivers.

That said, I wouldn't mind seeing Bobo return as OC. I was never among those wanting to see him ousted, and the success of Georgia's offense in his latter years here is hard to deny. I do think there's something to the notion that whoever the OC is, the success of the offense will be inversely proportionate to Smart's micromanaging. And, as others have suggested, it could be that the familiarity and trust level with Bobo would be more conducive to Smart taking more of a hands-off approach.

It's funny to me. Bobo incurred the wrath of fans on a regular basis here. Chaney's offenses controlled games while putting up points and everyone hated him. Now, one year into Coley's tenure as OC and here we are, talking about how much better Chaney was and wanting to bring back Bobo.

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I somewhat agree about Fields. About fair competition, but he could of flourished in this offense. He would of made the backside defender not crash down on the zone read handoff, or risked getting run by. Because Fromm NEVER kept the ball. Now throwing the ball, maybe not super accurate, but was Fromm? At least Fields would of gave the defense something to think about.