Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

BREAKING: Major UGA target Theo Johnson has made his college choice

2»

Comments

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Maybe 2020 UGA Commit Marcus Rosemy can be used as a TE....lolol. He is a receiver. Only 6'2" and 185.

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not surprising at all. If signing day had been the day after the Notre Dame game, we would have had both this kid and the Sewell kid who went to Oregon. Both were pumped after that. But as the season (and reality) wore on, the luster starting falling away from the Dawgs, especially on the offense. We rarely targeted our tight ends, even when we said we were. We rarely got the ball to James Cook, even when we said that we would. We rarely called creative passing plays, even when we said that we would. Jake Fromm rarely escaped the pocket, even when he said he would. My point is, that despite what we might have been TELLING kids on the recruiting trail, with their own eyes they could SEE that those things were not happening. So in their minds, they're thinking, "why would they change now? If they're not doing all they can to impress me at this point, you can best believe they won't do much to change after I get there."

• FredBearFredBear Posts: 232 ✭✭✭ Junior

The writing is on the wall, this program is imploding under Smart. If people thought the offense looked bad with all that 5 star talent just wait until that becomes 3 star talent. Kirby ain't the guy

• MobileDawgMobileDawg Posts: 325 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Lot of negativity out there. Like I said earlier we need some tweaks here and there, not a complete overhaul. Fromm thought we were close throughout the year. It just never came together for this offense, we couldn't find the complete package to put on the field.

If Fromm's a little more consistent, if the receivers would have caught the balls that were catchable, if the OL could have done a better job, if the OC could have found a scheme that was more effective. Hope they start getting it figured out, quickly.

• Tom1111Tom1111 Posts: 179 ✭✭✭ Junior

Looks like Johnson wanted to go someplace that actually has a passing offense instead of a make believe one .

• David1David1 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well duh!! We hardly ever throw to the TE.

• UGADAWG4LifeUGADAWG4Life Posts: 273 ✭✭✭ Junior

We need Washington badly !!

• VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 774 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kirby’s silence on all these matters of recruiting misses seems odd to me. And all of this stuff with the offense **** seems odd he’s not addressing it directly, even is as fans could see problems, don’t y’all think Kirby knows???

The question that remains and is yet to be seen....

What is Kirby doing about all this bad news offensively and recruiting?

Btw, before we go passing to Matt landers and Tyler Simmons, please run hb dives all game!!!!! I’m sure they’re good boys, but I hope they are paying attention in class is all I’m saying.

• VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 774 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well since it filtered out what I said, maybe instead of **** I’ll just say inhale sharply

• DoggoneDoggone Posts: 115 ✭✭✭ Junior

Happy Valley is closer to Ontario, probably a factor in the decision.

• ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 802 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Best Wishes to Theo, but it would've been great to have him.

• SmellsTheRatSmellsTheRat Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

Why would a top flight TE come to Georgia to have 15-20 receptions/year? This is painful to watch...