Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirby Smart issues statement on addition of Matt Luke as the Georgia football offensive line coach

SystemSystem Posts: 7,421 admin
edited December 2019 in Article commenting

imageKirby Smart issues statement on addition of Matt Luke as the Georgia football offensive line coach

Georgia has a new offensive line coach in Matt Luke, as Georgia officially announced Matt Luke as the replacement for Sam Pittman, who left to be the Arkansas head coach. Luke was the head coach at Ole Miss for the past three seasons, going 15-21 in that time. He's spent time as an offensive line coach at Ole Miss —

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Really good hire. I was concerned about losing Pittman but I think we've got a very high quality replacement. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm good with this. I hope our current offensive line recruits will be, too. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2019

Welcome aboard Coach Luke..GoDAWGS! YYYESSSIRRR

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Go Kirby, Go Matt and Go Dawgs!!!

Incredible hire and from what I’m reading this may very well be an upgrade from Pittman which I thought was impossible. He has coached under many of the best offensive minds in football. He was a head coach in a program that was decimated by problems, but he has also been an offensive coordinator and has also coached TEs on multiple occasions. Matt will be great recruiting (see comments from Andrews and DJ Shockley), on field coaching, improving TE utilization and it will certainly help that he has over a decade of offensive coordinator experience......an area where we need lots of help with. Great job Kirby!!!

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 791 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Good Job Kirby and Co for moving quickly. My only question is how long can we expect to hold onto Coach Luke?

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ole Miss' loss is UGA's gain! Welcome Coach Luke and family! You're going to love the best college town in America!

Congrats, Kirby! HOME RUN!

• Options
    ByrdManByrdMan Posts: 66 ✭✭ Sophomore

Important to make a great hire quick! Love the hire if he stays a minimum of two years!

• Options
    MobileDawgMobileDawg Posts: 322 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Hell Yeah! That bad news train is a turning, finally....Good hire IMO CKS.

• Options
    BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 621 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good Lord Connor. Luke will not be Georgia’s head coach. Pathetic!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My sentiments as well....how long can we expect this great hire to last? I expect Coach Kirby and AD "made him an offer he couldn't refuse." It has to be for at least two seasons? But, Kirby needed to neutralize the Pit-Man defection...in a hurry...UGA was about to lose commits and players!!!!!! Not good! And he (Kirby) SCORED!!!!! Way to go, Coach!! Welcome...Matt Luke to the biggest football family in SEC history!!! You'll love it!!! GO DAWGS!!!

• Options

Plumlee or Corral will soon be tranfering. Keep a scholarship available!

• Options

Coley is a mystery right now as far as status. He likely will not share same coaching emphasis Luke espouses?? But, he is one of Coach Kirby's best friends. That goes a long way with CKS, therefore I don't expect a change there. Matt Luke will definitely offer new hope for the UGA OL. GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    StiffneckStiffneck Posts: 78 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Why do so many people think he's only here for two years, first of all. And so what? Coaches come and go. These guys understand the profession. As it is, though, we lost Mel Tucker after only two years, Chaney after three. Let's see what we can do with him on the staff during the next eight days until the early signing date, and then on the field next year. We can worry about the future after that.

• Options

Connor Rilewy printed this: " Luke will be Georgia’s head coach as well as Associate Head Coach." >>>>>>????

• Options
    AMIDawgMarkMAMIDawgMarkM Posts: 85 ✭✭✭ Junior

Commits: Sam is the Head Coach at Arkansas and will hire an O-Line coach ASAP. You have the option of playing for an as yet unknown O-Line coach for a program that will get trounced over the next 3-4 years (your eligibility timeline). Or you could go play and develop under Matt Luke at UGA and compete for SEC East & SEC Conference titles, as well as a Natty or two (hopefully). To me, this is a no-brainer.

• Options
  • Options
    GBALGBAL Posts: 741 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited December 2019

Luke should stay a good long while.... Hes already Head Coach!!

• Options
    bull68dawgbull68dawg Posts: 809 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hold the phone!!! Did Kirby just demote himself?!? Luke will be the Head Coach and Associate Head Coach?? Wow that is some promotion after a 4 win season. Lol