Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Breaking: Georgia now has its first post-Sam Pittman de-commitment

13»

Comments

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Committing to a coach simply does not make sense in this day and time. I understand the attraction but any given coach could leave any given program at any given time (I know I used "given" a bunch of times). If Arkansas had made the decision a week or so later, he would have already signed with us. If this came next year, what then?

I appreciate the lure of being coached by Pittman but we need athletes to commit to play for UGA because they love UGA. Just my opinion on this matter.

• Options
    KBPKBP Posts: 381 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

You commit to a school because of academics. You commit to football or basketball because of the coaches. In that light, decisions like this doesn't surprise me. I don't know about college baseball of other college sports but nothing is more true in football and basketball. Kids were not clamoring for Bama like they are now before Saban got there. True for the Gators before Spurrier and Meyer, True to a large degree since Smart at UGA. These schools have always had talent but not like they've had it under these coaches. In basketball, do you think UK is the reason or Calapari? I totally get Josh Braun with the caveat, why not go to Arkansas then if it's all about Pittman?

• Options
    DawggolferDawggolfer Posts: 49 ✭✭✭ Junior

Yup, see first post way down below. He's a gator.

• Options
    chilidawg1chilidawg1 Posts: 158 ✭✭✭ Junior

Braun seems hacked off at UGA about Pittman leaving. "My comment is void". His reaction gives me the feeling he was leaning toward Florida before Pittman left. I think most guys would express some regret about changing their commitment and appreciation for the opportunity offered by the school. I see Braun as requiring a lot of attention if he had come to UGA. Sometimes things work out for the best even it's not obvious initially.