Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Tate Ratledge: Kirby Smart and Matt Luke check in on priority OT commit

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited December 2019 in Article commenting

imageTate Ratledge: Kirby Smart and Matt Luke check in on priority OT commit

Tate Ratledge got to see Kirby Smart again on Wednesday. Via helicopter. Smart brought new O-line coach Matt Luke to the Darlington School to check in on the priority OT commit.

Read the full story here

Comments

• MACDAWGMACDAWG Posts: 255 ✭✭✭ Junior

Only one complaint with Kirby....paint the chopper red!!!!

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The Darlington School is a great school! Tate is going to be a huge success where ever his path takes him regardless of football. He is a perfect fit for what Kirby wants most in his players: integrity, scholasticly capable, and elite football skills with a desire to be coached hard. That core will not change as position coaches come and go. Be a Dawg!

• SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think coach Luke is going to be a great addition to the team. He really seems like a perfect fit.

Despite all the talent that Pittman signed they really under performed this year. Maybe Luke can get more out of the talent, and I think he'll be a great recruiter. It will be interesting to watch the O-line in the Sugar bowl.

• BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 620 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Can someone please tell me why we can’t have a red or black helicopter! Or a red and black one? Yellow? What the hell? Go Dawgs!

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I am so relieved the first thing Matt Luke did was visit Tate Ratledge....Sam Pittman recuited him and he is a Sam loyalist but sees the opportunity at UGA and I believe will stick with his commit...unlike Braun, who bailed at first word Pittman left UGA. I am impressed with Matt Luke. Seems to fit right in. He is a large man, which I believe these big linemen more readily relate to....Pittman was as well. Good day for Smart, Luke and the Dawgs!!!

I agree with Markdawg...the copter is a rental.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Addendum: I gotta tell ya I am really warming to this Kirby-Luke synergy!! I just have a visceral feeling it was meant to be. Kirby KNEW who he wanted to hire before the door hit Pittman in the backside on the way out. Brilliant timing. This should be very good for Georgia football. What a hire! GO DAWGS!!!

• BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 620 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Markdawg. You’re right, it is a rental. Seems as if we could rent a red or black one or red and black one though. I’m on my rant basically because I’m kinda tired of reading about some of these guys committing to a coach instead of the school. Coaches come and go. So I decided I would rant about helicopters. Go Dawgs!

• UGADAWG4LifeUGADAWG4Life Posts: 273 ✭✭✭ Junior

Go Dawgs ! We need to keep our other 4 recruits on the offensive line.

• johnchappelljohnchappell Posts: 66 ✭✭✭ Junior

Interesting. Nothing like having Tigers in the background. LSU, Clemson...