Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Which team should UGA fans be rooting for to win it all?

SystemSystem Posts: 10,411 admin
edited December 2019 in Article commenting

imageWhich team should UGA fans be rooting for to win it all?

Which playoff team should UGA cheer for to win the national championship? LSU: This is the easy choice. First, if LSU wins, Bulldog fans can say “we got knocked out of a playoff spot by the team that won it all.” Secondly, LSU obviously is an SEC team, which will further validate the narrative that the SEC is the

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    NashDawgNashDawg Posts: 63 ✭✭✭ Junior

Honestly, the current state of our program has us cheering for non of the above because we’re not in the CFP playoff

last year we should’ve been in, but didn’t earn it. This year we weren’t a top 4 team because of our anemic offense. Wondering what their offseason strategy for our offense is going to be. Not confident in the current brain trust even with the addition of Luke, who will help, but Coley still holds more power.

Kirby has set the standard for CFP or bust which I appreciate, but when we don’t make it in, we tend to go to snack on our supply of sour grapes

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

None of the 4.. The ONLY team I'll ever cheer for to win a National Championship, is the UGA..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    TexasDawg80TexasDawg80 Posts: 3 ✭ Freshman

This is a dumb question, and the paltry number of respondents who voted for someone other than LSU to win must not be SEC fans. It's a dumb question because SEC PULLS FOR SEC. Period. Full Stop. End of story. I may be a Gator-hater, but I'll pull for them every time they play a non-SEC school. And give credit where it's due - LSU is absolutely deserving. They're a great team and as sad as I am that my Dawgs looked crappy offensively most of the season, I'll be thrilled to see LSU represent our conference and win the National Championship. I only hope that Kirby & Coley take away some loud & clear messages about the types of offenses that wind up playing for the Natty - all 4 teams in the CFP playoff have strong passing offenses, mobile quarterbacks, and are not predictable and one-dimensional as our Dawgs continue to be.

• Options
    LowcountryLowcountry Posts: 104 ✭✭✭ Junior

I'm rooting for UGA to win it all, but since that isn't happening this year, to hell with the rest of them.

• Options
    MLVMLV Posts: 73 ✭✭✭ Junior

Tough question but it probably benefits UGA the most if LSU wins it all. Without the Dawgs in it, I find it hard to pull for any particular team, I just want to see good games. I think Oklahoma vs LSU and Clemson vs Ohio State are very interesting matchups and...I have my Fiesta Bowl tickets! I'll pull for Justin Fields but I think it would make for a very difficult offseason if we have to hear about Ohio State's national championship. Ditto Clemson. More than anything else though, I'd really rather us not enter into the offseason with the final words from the Sugar Bowl opposing QB telling us that "Baylor is Baaack".

• Options
    dogs_n_bravesdogs_n_braves Posts: 121 ✭✭✭ Junior

I just don't understand the affection for Fields. The way he left UGA - or, to say more accurately, the way he used UGA - to gain immediate eligibility is inexcusable. Clearly, not all UGA athletes are angels . . . but, come on. It is a character issue for me. He didn't just step on UGA to get where he wanted to be, he shoved UGA down first before stepping up.

I won't root against OSU because of Fields, but sure won't root for him.

Go Dawgs.

• Options
    Trey33Trey33 Posts: 133 ✭✭✭ Junior

LSU I HAVE TO RESPECT THE FACT THAT THEY WENT THROUGH US TO WIN IT ALL...I HAVE PERSONAL GRUDGES WITH THE OTHER 3 TEAMS!!!!!

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just no for LSU to win it all. I appreciate the fact that they beat us, but what do we tell recruits who are choosing between UGA and LSU?

As an SEC team, their recruiting would be second to none and we would be competing with them even more than we are now.

Geographically, the same goes for Clemson more than the other 2.

These 4 teams are probably going to be teams we'll have to contend with from now on in the CFP, it seems.

To me it's like 4 mules fighting over a turnip...who cares?

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The CFP's will be good games. I like to see SEC teams prevail. LSU is a very good football team...the best. So, let's keep it in the SEC. Other than that, I do not care.

• Options
    Dawgs2015Dawgs2015 Posts: 18 ✭ Freshman

Lsu is a good team. But I think Oklahoma will score a lot of points. With a few breaks. I can see jalen hurts carrying that team for the win.

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Jalen Hurts is very good, I admit. But LSU is HUNGRY for this one. I'll go with them.

• Options
    zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 412 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Slow day? What a waste of space.

• Options
    Rusty69Rusty69 Posts: 67 ✭✭ Sophomore

I’m not upset that Justin lift. He did what he thought was the thing to do. But I am upset at the reason he used for leaving. To use racism is a cowards way out. And it’s not like he heard the person say anything he used what others said a person said. I won’t wish him luck just good redence