Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Two Georgia football standouts land in first round of Todd McShay 2020 NFL Mock Draft

SystemSystem Posts: 10,536 admin
edited December 2019 in Article commenting

imageTwo Georgia football standouts land in first round of Todd McShay 2020 NFL Mock Draft

Now that the college football regular season is over, the NFL draft industrial complex has begun to churn once again. Players are letting their status be known for upcoming bowl games and declaring early for the 2020 NFL Draft. No player on Georgia's team has made their intentions known regarding the draft or the

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    chilidawg1chilidawg1 Posts: 159 ✭✭✭ Junior

Buck Belue reported today that he is hearing speculation that Jake Fromm might enter the draft. Before the season I expected him to go early, but as the season progressed I thought it less likely that he would go. Fromm's predicted draft position has slipped into the second or third round. If he anticipated a big rebound in 2020, he might stay, but if expected 2020 to be like 2019 he might be tempted to leave. I never saw this coming.

• Options
    natejawsnatejaws Posts: 164 ✭✭✭ Junior

I'd be dumbfounded if Thomas is available at #7. McShay also has Tua going #4 to Miami. If Miami takes Tua and passes on Thomas, I think both Tua and Miami are in a world of trouble.

@chilidawg1 I can't blame Fromm for thinking that way, especially after the Tua injury, but I don't think he'll go after the down season he's had. Although the millions being made is a real draw, so I wouldn't be shocked either. If he ends up going I think that is more of an indictment on Smart and Coley's direction for the offense. Something needs to give on that side of the ball.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just guessing... but I don't think Jake wants to play another round of NCAA football...no matter which round drafts him. If he performs sub-par another season...the draft won't matter. He knows it. In my humble opinion, Carson Beck should be nurtured and trained for that slot. He's pro style but can run laterally out of pocket and has a rocket arm...at least from the videos I watched...and was accurate. Carson is signing early and will be practicing with the team prior to the Bowl game. I supported Jake but as someone said, "his best days are behind him." Just my opinion.

• Options
    UGADAWG4LifeUGADAWG4Life Posts: 273 ✭✭✭ Junior

Man i am curious as to what these juniors will do. Decisions... Decisions !!