Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Early Signing Day: Projected Georgia football recruiting 2020 signees, commitments, live updates

SystemSystem Posts: 10,523 admin
edited December 2019 in Article commenting

imageEarly Signing Day: Projected Georgia football recruiting 2020 signees, commitments, live updates

The Early Signing Period gets underway on Wednesday, which is the first day 2020 commitments can sign their letters of intent and officially become members of the 2020 recruiting class. Georgia enters the day with the nation's No. 6 recruiting class and 16 public commitments. At least two of those won't sign, as

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Dawgnation is glad to have each one of you!!!! Welcome home! GATA!

Keep em' coming Kirby! Praying for Burch, Ringo, and Washington to make the right decision. If those three players look at the facts, UGA will stand head and shoulders above our competition. Also, the opportunity at UGA for their respective position is tremendous in 2020.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A stable of great prospects and commits, UGA coaches!!! One that stands out to me.. RB Arian Smith....a world-class sprinter with 100 meter times just above 10 sec flat. With D. Swift leaving, Arian is actually faster and would need some training but is a tremendous prospect. If Fromm leaves, Carson Beck could be an eventual replacement. Needs some solid coaching. We are really hurting if Fromm signs with the NFL. There are no Fields waiting in the wings. Actually, 2020 looks promising. GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Smith is a WR.. Glad to see Milton sign, he'll bring depth at RB

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

CemDawg...Thanks. Was thinking Kendall Milton RB and wrote about Arian Smith instead...Sorry for position error. I guess we all make mistakes, don't we, huh? I still don't believe Ringo and Washington will sign....maybe, maybe Ringo. He seems to favor UGA..seems to? I have limited hope for QB C.J. Stroud. Have read where he may be leaning more toward Ohio State.

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Man, losing in state Arik Gilbert to LSU really hurts. But it's not surprising.

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Smith pick up is huge. Another Hardman if they can develop

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kelee Ringo:

"It feels so great to be a ......... " Duck? No panache whatsoever!

"It feels so great to be a ........." Georgia Bulldog! Hell yea! Hold it down there in Butts-Mehre. I can hear you all the way down here in Mobile! The young man wants to keep it a secret!

Dawg Nation will eagerly await the official announcement!

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

it could be Buckeye or Texas Longhorn.

I don't think "It feels great to be a Crimson Tide" works very well.

Honestly, when I saw his tweet, Bulldog was the first that came to my mind.

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

One RB, One QB, No TEs How do you build depth in the skill positions? Hope we can get a few tranfers!

• Options
    MOSSMAN93MOSSMAN93 Posts: 44 ✭✭ Sophomore

Did this article report earlier in the day that Stroud was a Dawg?

• Options
    TfbTfb Posts: 40 ✭✭ Sophomore

Need some tight ends

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Just noticed that a 4* DB just flipped from Oregon to Arkansas. Does that have something to do with Ringo? If so, doesn't look good. If you look at the top 100, most have already signed. It doesn't leave much.

• Options
    JoeFannJoeFann Posts: 170 ✭✭✭ Junior

Any word on Burton?

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@JeffSentell, any word if Burch has signed yet? I know he chose SC, but another source doesn't show that he has signed. But does show Burton is, so its up to date.

• Options
    edited December 2019

All due respect to Pran and Jones-but does the word commitment not mean to them what it does most every other soul? Why are they waiting to sign their letter of intent? Are they hoping that school X comes calling? It's sort of like proposing and then on the day of the wedding hanging out at a bar to see if someone better is interested in you. Call me old school but in most cases you should question the heart of anyone that flips for the bigger, better deal.

I hate that Burch is going to waste his talents at SC. Dude could have helped bring a Natty to an SEC East team that actually has a chance to win one. These kids have to know they have zero chance of winning any sort of "Championship" at SC. One must assume they care strictly about standing out on what will most likely be a mediocre defense.

Go Dawgs!

• Options

Our receivers room is now officially ridiculously GOOD. Wow. Please forgive me for all the things I said about Hankton's inability to coach up his players. If he recruits like this, it won't matter.

Is there something in the water in Athens? If so, please don't forget to give it to the 5 star defensive linemen.

Impressive.

• Options
    MACDAWGMACDAWG Posts: 260 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited December 2019

I thought UGA would sign at least 2 TEs. Looks like they're not going to sign any. Superb class but not signing a top rated TE is very disappointing. Still holding out hope that Washington signed or will sign with UGA. He, like Burch, made a lot of visits to UGA, but then Burch committed to SC. I just learned that Burch won't actually sign until Feb. If this is true, he could still be flipped. I hope Washington's actions are a better indication of what he's going to do than Burch's. TEs had a great opportunity to come in and get immediate playing time. Hard to understand.