Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

WATCH: Georgia football video provides Sugar Bowl personnel clues

SystemSystem Posts: 10,485 admin
edited December 2019 in Article commenting

imageWATCH: Georgia football video provides Sugar Bowl personnel clues

Georgia football has a challenging task ahead at the Sugar Bowl, short-handed to an uncertain degree, and facing a difficult opponent in Baylor

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    GBALGBAL Posts: 745 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Hmmm... That really clears things up.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What about Pickens? He wasn't listed as either seen or a notable not seen? Aside from him not being listed at all (which could just be an oversight), surprised that Herrien wouldn't be seen. Of course, he could have been away getting treatment or something like that, but I hope he's not planning to sit out the game because a good bowl game could really enhance his draft stock, which I believe is at about the same level as Holyfield's was last year. And we see how that turned out for Holyfield.

• Options
    vannvann Posts: 108 ✭✭✭ Junior

There were only 46 names listed of the 75 or so who will travel to New Orleans, so I wouldn't read much into it.,

• Options
    WesttndawgWesttndawg Posts: 47 ✭✭ Sophomore

False advertising- Tyler Simmons caught a pass. Great video editing

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@vann, that may be the unintended point. You assume that 75 will travel to the bowl game, but with injuries, suspensions (academic and otherwise) and NFL draft declaration, the actual number could be far fewer. I'm sure we'll take more than 46 guys but who know what the depth and quality of some of those folks will be. For example, Clay Webb's name is listed in this story, but he played in like 1 or 2 games all year. So does the fact that he was seen on the tape and his name is mentioned an indication that he will get significant playing time? Who knows. Guess we'll find out soon enough. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This is Baylor's Super Bowl . For UGA, it's the beginning of the 2020 season.

For Baylor, the Sugar Bowl is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, for UGA, this is pretty much their landing spot if they don't make the playoffs.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Here we go again....Bring on Texas...I mean...Baylor. Griffith said that it is likely Smart is holding back more bad news....Cook for one,and Pickens? Injuries, NFL draft, grade ineligible.. local and college misdemeanor issues; what next...if there is a next. I had so hoped it would not be another 3-loss year. Baylor is pumped and ready to rumble. UGA? Sorting out who is even making the trip? Well, I will hope for a good showing by UGA this time regardless of the apparent circumstances. GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    Klev21Klev21 Posts: 6 ✭ Freshman

Its been reported by several sources Herrien won't play. No one seems to know the reason - well at least not reporting it = the only explanation i have seen was - personal reasons no idea what that could possibly mean

• Options
    diesel_7diesel_7 Posts: 79 ✭✭✭ Junior

OK I see where several have already mentioned Pickens. He's only the best WR UGA has left on the roster, and he wasn't even mentioned. Why...or HOW, could a beat writer MISS this???

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This is an awesome bowl, and another chance to play with your brothers, the ones you've fought alongside all season long. Let's GATA! Let's start the new year off on the right foot! Play like it means something to you to be a Georgia Bulldog! Step up and GO DAWGS! Let's go out there and kick Baylor's assets. :)

GO DAWGS!

BEAT BAYLOR!

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I agree. If GA does lose this game, then they should start next year ranked no higher than 15th. The attitude of fans and players to think this bowl game doesn't matter, is just a pure embarrassment to the university. It just seems like CKS has lost this team. I don't expect a victory in the Sugar Bowl, but would love to have one. Too many players and fans and writers have mailed this season in after the loss to LSU. Sad part is, last year was the same way. Players, fans and writers all thought they deserved the playoffs last year. Hold the lead against Ala, and they would of. Everyone thought they were "relegated" to the Sugar Bowl, but to me, they got more than they should of. LSU should of got the Sugar Bowl, head to head and all.

Entitled players, entitled fans and entitled writers = blowout loss to Baylor. Just a shame.

BTW- has anyone seen CKS lately. Some of the comments, and excitement levels are really low. I wonder if he knows that Ga did not sign any of the last 3 5* players. Ringo, Evans, and Washington. He did just offer another db, after the early signing period. I think Washington is going to TN, and Ringo is going to Oregon. Have no idea about Evans. Hope I am wrong.

ShoottheHooch, btw-I was not calling you out, just replying to your comment in general.

Go Dawgs

• Options
    chilidawg1chilidawg1 Posts: 158 ✭✭✭ Junior

George Pickens was not referenced. What's with that. if Swift has not committed to the draft he should play, or he should step away from the team and let the attention go to those who are playing. Kirby should clear this up by announcing the plans of each player. This suspense makes Swift look bad and it also makes Smart look bad. Who ever is in charge should be in charge.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thomas, Cleveland (ineligible) and Big man Isaiah Wilson leaving will really hurt at the Sugar. Not going through all the no-shows again. I honestly do not expect UGA to do well in this Bowl. Gut feeling. High energy Baylor is so ready for UGA. They lost two games to U of OK. That's it. They are reading about all of the issues UGA is experiencing. The Dawgs better take this seriously, Mr. Smart or it's another LSU-like beat down. I am not a naysayer! I am a realist! I love my Dawgs or wouldn't waste my time on DN. But losing two Sugars in a row at #5 would be inexcusable. As one commenter predicted...lose this one and you will be in the cellar at #15 next season. That being said: GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 398 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The Dawgs may well have the number one recruiting class after Ringo, Washington and Evans announce. I agree that we better see a better game plan and effort the entire 60 minutes. against a Baylor team we should beat by 14. I do believe that we have all 3 of the 5 stars and why it's so important that they signed before the Sugar Bowl. I don't believe we will get Burch and understand there may be another good surprise coming our way.

• Options
    MOSSMAN93MOSSMAN93 Posts: 44 ✭✭ Sophomore

Exactly! Typical MG article...much ado about NOTHING! Silly drama filled "journalism"....watching a "cryptic" video for clues into a game day depth chart??? Are you serious? If you don't have anything to report, just freakin' say so! Geez!