Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia's Anthony Edwards takes over against Georgia Southern in 73-64 win

SystemSystem Posts: 10,486 admin
edited December 2019 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia's Anthony Edwards takes over against Georgia Southern in 73-64 win

Georgia basketball star Anthony Edwards was at his best down the stretch, lifting the Bulldogs to a 73-64 home win over Georgia Southern

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    bull68dawgbull68dawg Posts: 809 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Somebody please tell me why Tyree Crump is still on the court? Worst shooter on the team with the 2nd most minutes taking the most shots. Baffles me. Edwards is a stud!!

Go Dawgs

• Options
    sutherngasuthernga Posts: 30 ✭✭ Sophomore

I have been watching the Dawgs since the season has begun and 2 things stands out. Edwards, Wheeler and Camara are turning into a dangerous scoring trio for this team. I love to watch them play and gain confidence together. The second is the lack of leadership. I mean you have Crump, Hammond and the junior transfer and NEITHER of them provide any leadership to these young freshmen. I mean seriously. Why is Crump still on this team. He provides no offensive firepower nor leadership on the court. It's been all on the freshmen. I thought Hammonds would be consistent enough as he's shown in the first couple of games, but he has faded to the background at times. He's the biggest guy on the court. I am glad to see their defense pick up in the past 2 games. I have a little of an expectation going into league play next month because it's up for grabs.

• Options
    plrdawgplrdawg Posts: 157 ✭✭✭ Junior

Did not Crump hit the 3 pointer to send the prior game (that we won) into the first overtime.... Give the guy a break, he is a student at our school, he is one of us, doing the best he can... He has hit many critical 3's at important times....So he had a bad night, everyone does, he will be needed down the stretch,,,,and there is no need to hurt his confidence with those type of statements. It's bad form.....Different if was on the payroll, of a NBA team....Stop the slaps at our guys....

• Options

He is averaging almost 26 min a game.

He is only hitting 35 percent of FG and 30 percent beyond the 3 point line.

Only has 15 rebounds in 11 games.

He is not a good player right now and should be coming off the bench not starting.

• Options
    plrdawgplrdawg Posts: 157 ✭✭✭ Junior

I f your stats are correct, fine, he's slumping.....Coaching call as to whom should be on the floor and for how many minutes based on practice and a thousand other things I will never know...I still think it's bad form to attack our own players, for play.....If he did things like getting arrested for crimes, maybe so.. Point out outstanding play by others who may deserve more playing time,,, Don't knock our our guys that are doing the best they can. Merry Christmass , Go Dawgs

• Options

Merry Christmas to you too. Not bashing anyone but if you’re slumping you shouldn’t be 2nd on the team with minutes played. Not when others are shooting far better. IMO