Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Former Georgia quarterback Jacob Eason thanks UGA as he declares for 2020 NFL Draft

SystemSystem Posts: 10,430 admin
edited December 2019 in Article commenting

imageFormer Georgia quarterback Jacob Eason thanks UGA as he declares for 2020 NFL Draft

Jacob Eason's college career has officially come to a close, as the Washington quarterback announced that he would be forgoing his final year of eligibility and declared for the 2020 NFL Draft. Eason posted a lengthy note via his Twitter account with the news. And in the announcement, he took some time to thank the

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Eason improved at Washington. Fromm did not at UGA. I am going by stats. At least Eason was complimentary of UGA. He should perform well at the pro level. I have no solid idea what Fromm will do...likely opt for the draft, I guess.

I reviewed a lot of video on UGA early signee Carson Beck..the kid is very physical and athletic. Fromm mentally and Stafford arm physically...one reported. He is 6'4" tall at 225 lbs. Can move very quickly out of the pocket and throw on the run. He has an odd overhand delivery but it seems to be effective and accurate. I like his chances.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Best of luck Mr Eason! Hated to see you go, but things happen for a reason. You will always be part of the UGA Family..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Yeah I have always hated it for eason. He was not one of those me first QBs. I think if he had been given a chance to redshirt while we let Lambert kinda sort guide 2016. It was a wash anyways. Then for him to transfer and not even attempt for a waiver showed what kind of person he is. I wish him nothing but the best. Hope he shines in the NFL. Best of luck Mr. Eason.

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have to believe that this will impact Fromm's decision (or at least it should). I would think that Eason would be a much higher pick than Fromm and strengthens this year's QB picks and reduces next years, so staying on would be the smart thing to do... unless he gets beaten out by Beck.

• Options
    vannvann Posts: 108 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited December 2019

Always a class act! I wish him the best and will enjoy watching him play on Sundays.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

IF Jake stays, CKS will find a way to waste a year of Beck, allowing him to mop up late in the 4th quarter, just handing the ball off to running backs.(LOL) . Great plan CKS.

• Options
    MickeyRichMickeyRich Posts: 101 ✭✭✭ Junior

That’s a fair statement. I do hope that CKS will allow Carson Beck to actually run plays as a quarterback in any mop-up situations. The experience gained will be invaluable.

• Options
    FredBearFredBear Posts: 232 ✭✭✭ Junior

Eason is a class act, between this and the fact he didn't whine or make trouble when he lost his job to Fromm is very admirable. I don't know what kind of career he will have in the NFL but I wish him well

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Eason will be a third round pick. Fromm will be a fourth round if he goes. Personally, I love Fromm and wish him and his family all the best but I believe UGA will be better served if he leaves for the NFL. I would love to see Beck, Mathis or even Bennett get the majority of snaps in 2020. Let the future of our offense take the reigns. I hope Fromm has an amazing Sugar Bowl performance, sees his stock rise and hear him declare.

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The NCAA still owes Jacob an apology. If Fields didn't have to sit a year, nobody should have to sit!

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Go light up the NFL, Jacob! Wishing you nothing but the very best in life.

• Options
    Wozzo_the_Wonder_DogWozzo_the_Wonder_Dog Posts: 189 ✭✭✭ Junior

Guessing he's the only player at Washington to have a Rose Bowl and an SEC Championship ring. Huskies are dogs, too.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

To some, the only thing that would have made sense would have been to keep Richt, be satisfied with 8, 9, or like Mullen at UF, the great 10 win season, and have our bowl game out of the way by New Year's.

Best I remember, the popular choice when Richt got kicked to the curb was Tom Herman for those that didn't support hiring Kirby. How's that working out for Texas? Of course, Herman and Texas can hang their hat on beating UGA in the Sugar Bowl. But really, that is just another indication of where the two program are. Texas fans can crow about winning a meaningless bowl. Many UGA fans won't crow and will throw any HC in America that came to UGA under the bus unless he goes undefeated, blows every team out as if the Dawgs played in the ACC, and won the natty...all in his first year!

• Options
    UGADAWG4LifeUGADAWG4Life Posts: 273 ✭✭✭ Junior

Good Luck Mr.Eason ! I still remember that Bomb you threw against UT ! Amazing strike to Riley Ridley !

• Options
    MickeyRichMickeyRich Posts: 101 ✭✭✭ Junior

I’ve seen all I need to see with Fromm so I’m ok with him entering the draft. I really like the upside of Mathis and Beck-let the future begin.