Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football needs to show up, show out with Sugar Bowl statement win

SystemSystem Posts: 10,447 admin
edited December 2019 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia football needs to show up, show out with Sugar Bowl statement win

Georgia football players and coaches should be motivated to get a win over Baylor in this marquee venue on national television next Monday night

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited December 2019

I'm predicting George Pickens, Azeez Ojulari, Nolan Smith and Trevon Walker have a career game against Baylor. They are the type of players that show-out on the big stage.

Two things make me nervous about this game. 1. The heart of the Baylor Team and 2. The missing pieces on the O Line and Receiving Corp.

Beat Baylor!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I sit here confounded as to which team will show up.....a reprise of Texas or a show of young guns ready to take down Baylor???? Baylor is well coached and READY for the joust. Is Georgia? Should not have to wonder every year. Is Coley still thinking about LSU's beat down? Maybe Matt Luke can help? Somebody at UGA better be preparing this team for a real battle!!!!!! Ask Oklahoma...who barely beat them twice...Baylor's only losses. GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If we go out there and dookie in our britches on national TV like we did in last year's Sugar Bowl, I'm giving up football. Tired getting my hopes up every year, only to fall flat on our faces. Dangit, we're GEORGIA! We're better than what we've shown lately. Let's go out there and smack those Baylor Bears all up and down the field, and bring home a sweet Sugar Bowl victory! Let's show up and ball out!

GO DAWGS!

BEAT BAYLOR!

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

championship coaches want to win every time. This Georgia team needs leadership to step up and own the losses from this season and take out the frustrations from the year on this big 12 team.

use this game to make a statement about Georgia football!

• Options
    Wozzo_the_Wonder_DogWozzo_the_Wonder_Dog Posts: 189 ✭✭✭ Junior

If you drill down on StubHub the tickets for sale on the UGA side are below face value and the tickets on the Baylor side are above face value. I could have picked up 50 yard line lower level UGA-side seats for cheaper than the 200-level end zone seats I bought shortly after they went on sale. I was at a restaurant last year for the Sugar Bowl - was leaving just as the game started. When Texas marched down the field and scored I knew better than to watch the game. For all the UGA alumni and fans from or living in Texas, the team better show up for this one.

• Options
    ByrdManByrdMan Posts: 66 ✭✭ Sophomore

I definitely think the Baylor team is better than the Texas team from last year. The enthusiasm factor was definitely missing on the Georgia side last year.It was like they were announced as third runner up right before kickoff. They are definitely a better football team than Baylor but they will have to have intensity and focus to win.

• Options
    DawgSonOfGamecockDawgSonOfGamecock Posts: 161 ✭✭✭ Junior

Shame on you snadog for calling the Dawgs "thugs". Question their lack of focus, leadership, loyalty, academic discipline, what have you, but you don't need to call the players thugs. And I'm disappointed in the moderator who allowed that. Last week I called a disappointing Georgia loss "****" and the moderator edited it out, but now he or she deems "thugs" acceptable? Ridiculous. Snapdog I doubt you're even a real Georgia fan, probably a South Georgia Gator lover. Trust me, I'm as disappointed in Coach Smart and Georgia football in general as much as anyone right now, but *true* Georgia fans do NOT need to call the players names like that.

• Options
    DawgSonOfGamecockDawgSonOfGamecock Posts: 161 ✭✭✭ Junior

OMG! I can't use the 4-letter word that begins with U and ends with Y to describe less than beautiful losses, but people can call Georgia players thugs??? Dawgnation needs to tweak their filters. I may get kicked off this thing for calling them out. If so it's been fun, sort of. Wish we had a natty to celebrate... still waiting Smart and McGarity. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Seems to me you can almost throw out the recruiting rankings (Dawg's advantage) for this game.

GA will be without three starters - O-line. The receiver corps has been decimated, with only Pickens left, and the rest can't catch the ball. Swift won't likely play.

What's left on offense? Almost no threat from the passing game, and good backs, but can the makeshift line block well enough?

Meanwhile, Baylor is playing one of those "Biggest" games in program history type of affair, while GA is thinking about what could've been. Baylor will be highly motivated. I just hope the other team is...

• Options
    JimDawg85JimDawg85 Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior

I am hoping that the extra time off will be good for everyone for their physical and mental preparation. The revamped O-line has a chance to give a preview for next season and I for one, think they have the chance to be even better. I think we will also get to see a lot of Zeus and McIntosh who both should be ready to explode. The defense will be rested and ready and Baylor will have a tough time moving the ball on us after the first quarter. I expect the best from the Dawgs and look forward to an exciting game.

• Options
    UGADAWG4LifeUGADAWG4Life Posts: 273 ✭✭✭ Junior

We need to go ahead and win against Baylor ! We need this win for recruiting, the UGA brand and overall fan morale ! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    Dallas1862Dallas1862 Posts: 43 ✭✭ Sophomore

The hangover of last year's a Sugar Bowl is well documented. The team was caught with their shorts around their ankles by the 'Horns.

No doubt Baylor is playin the "They don't respect us" card internally. I doubt CKS would allow any of the Dawgs too put forth any of that goin into the game. Especially after the way the game went back in January.

As for guys sittin out the game cuz it might hurt their draft stock. Yeah... If that's how they really feel, then why in the Hell did they play a single down this year at all?!?!? For those who say they worry bout gettin hurt in a "meaningless " game. Y'all didn't worry bout gettin hurt against Carolina did you?! Y'all didn't worry bout gettin hurt against Florida, ditto for Auburn. But the bowl game, well now can't be bothered to step up one last time for the guys who have had your back all season. Pathetic!

I can't wait for January 1st!! Go Dawgs!!

• Options
    BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior

I tell ya what scared the living hell out out of me......watching that Miami/Louisiana Tech game ...I don't want to see Georgia join the ranks of teams like Miami...Nebraska.......Look at those recruiting ranking for Baylor...we lose to Baylor...it's over

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What happened to playing for your school and your coach? If CKS can't motivate these guys to show up and play with heart, then we have the wrong guy. Reckon Alabama is going to have some kind of let down in the Citrus Bowl? Nah! It aint happening.

• Options
    MarkGelbartMarkGelbart Posts: 53 ✭✭ Sophomore

The playoffs make this game a meaningless exhibition. I think Georgia will be lucky to win by a field goal. This will not be the same team that Georgia fielded during the season, and it will not be the same team they field next year. Basically, this game means nothing.