Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirby Smart challenged to keep Georgia football among 'elite,' perception trending down

2»

Comments

• Options
    97GradyDawg97GradyDawg Posts: 349 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Journalists are supposed to be factual, not just cheerleaders. If This were junior high ball then the news reporting would be limited to sunny, positive things. In a major Division 1 college program, there's going to be a higher bar. The coaches get paid huge sums of money and scrutiny comes with that. The players knew what they were signing up for when they voluntarily joined the team. The response calling for the writers on this site to be nothing more than cheerleaders for the program is completely without merit.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

All you said is undeniable. I also factor in: 1) We are only three years removed from having to bring in a grad transfer guard from RHODE ISLAND to play left tackle 2) Kirby's first full recruiting class are JUNIORS 3) Our QB had virtually the same completion percentage when his one SEC quality receiver was available as the Heisman winner with three SEC quality receivers 4) half of our schedule this year had additional time to prepare for the Dawgs and five of them had a full week. I'm not sure any of your "elite" teams could have done any better against our schedule and how it was set up!

Are we elite at this point? I'll put it like this, I wouldn't trade the Dawgs roster with the recruiting class Kirby's got coming in and the future of UGA football for any team in the country! To me, that makes them, if not elite, pretty **** close!

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Be careful not to confuse bloggers with journalists. Bloggers get paid to produce clicks which is nothing more than creating controversy even when what they publish appears to be written by a middle schooler. Journalists, at the very least, appear to have passed a college freshman English class and most take pride in being able to structure complete sentences while making a salient point.

• Options
    Tom1111Tom1111 Posts: 179 ✭✭✭ Junior

We have a good team . Not elite by any means but good. An excellent defense + a mediocre offense = good. Hopefully Becker with his cannon arm and quick feet can help us next year but we really need an offensive guru to work his magic before we are elite.

• Options
    thegreatwhite1thegreatwhite1 Posts: 93 ✭✭✭ Junior

The line has moved due to the fact that UGA is going to be without a bunch of players. Line will be close to UGA -3 by kickoff. NCAA should require coaches to disclose injuries and inactive personnel like the pro leagues.

• Options
    DaltonDawg19DaltonDawg19 Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman

Nobody is looking for a cheerleader. Being realistic is fine but all but 4 teams in the country would trade places with UGA. Am I disappointed in our offense this year? Yes. Do I think we are elite? Maybe not but like I said all but 4 teams would change places with us. Top 5 seems pretty good to me and the unending negativity from Griffin will not enhance Smarts recruiting efforts. This is a DawgNation blog not a ESPN. There are a lot of positives about UGA football and there are certainly some negatives. There is nothing wrong with pointing out the negative from time to time but the constant barrage from Griffin recently is too much.

• Options
    Trey33Trey33 Posts: 133 ✭✭✭ Junior

CKS PLEASE DONT TURN INTO LES MILES STAY AWAY FROM THE OFFENSE AND HIRE A WELL RESPECTED COORDINATOR NEXT YEAR COLEY IS NOT THE ANSWER!!!!

• Options
    UGADAWG4LifeUGADAWG4Life Posts: 273 ✭✭✭ Junior

I don't think we are slipping ! This article reminds me of how LSU was talked about until this year! UGA's time is coming ! Just be patient ! Kirby please do something about the offense. Coley isn't the guy he can recruit but we need another OC! Let Coach Luke try his hand at OC!