Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

3 Georgia football takeaways from Kirby Smart: Play-action fake in effect

SystemSystem Posts: 10,439 admin
edited December 2019 in Article commenting

image3 Georgia football takeaways from Kirby Smart: Play-action fake in effect

Georgia coach Kirby Smart is doing all he can to keep Baylor in the dark about the Bulldogs' personnel, not revealing Brian Herrien's status on Friday

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    JimmyBobJimmyBob Posts: 197 ✭✭✭ Junior

...and missed throws, and seeming unwillingness to throw any ball over the middle. I'm tired of this all being laid on the WRs.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hear ya....but Smart doesn't want anything that could possibly detract Fromm from a positive game attitude...so he lays it on the WRs. IMO. Keeping mum on who plays will be exposed Saturday. Swift? Herrien? Major factors in a UGA win. I would hate to see D'Andre get hurt again...but that's football. That's what these guys signed on for. GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Fromm: 70+ completion rate with Cager, his one SEC quality receiver.

Fromm: sub 50% completion rate without an SEC caliber receiver.

And it's not the receivers? Laughable!

If all Jake got from the NFL was a paid lunch, I have no idea why he would come back and play for this unappreciative, delusional fan base, many with the football IQ of a turnip!

Well, I do know why he would come back. The love he has for his teammates and his school! God, I hope there is one more reason he returns: to prove all the hopeless naysayers wrong! Go DAWGS!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's easy to see whose fault it is on a pass play provided the receiver ran the right route. Was the pass accurately thrown? Did the receiver have a fighting chance at catching it? Drops are naturally on the receiver, and those are highly magnified and rightly so. But when the QB throws late, behind, ahead, over, or too low, or gets one batted down at the line of scrimmage, generally not too much is said, unless it's a big game or at a crucial moment in the game.

Jake didn't sling it around a lot in most games,(as in Burrows case) and I would argue threw shorter, more percentage friendly passes, but when he had Cager he was a guy that 75 -80 % of the time he was going to get the "jump ball." When that got taken away Jake looked more pedestrian. He missed several throws that a 3rd year "excellent " QB should have made. And it was magnified on the big stage because he didn't have a guy he could just loft one up to. There were several times in games receivers showed frustration with Jake for missing them. And then there is the not seeing the really open guy( as in Swift running wide open down the middle in the end of regulation in the SC game).

I have been a constant critic of our receivers this year (Simmons and Landers, namely) but not just Dawg Fans on here but National sports analyst have laid much of the criticism at Jake. Not entirely unjustified IMO.