Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Jake Fromm announces 2020 NFL Draft decision

SystemSystem Posts: 10,477 admin
edited January 2020 in Article commenting

imageJake Fromm announces 2020 NFL Draft decision

Jake Fromm has decided to take his talents to the NFL, announcing he will forego his senior season at Georgia to turn professional

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ByrdManByrdMan Posts: 66 ✭✭ Sophomore

Kirby better be reaching out to the kid from Wake Forest in the transfer portal now! He would make a huge difference this season.

• Options
    DawggolferDawggolfer Posts: 49 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited January 2020
  • Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

God Bless you, MR. Fromm. DGD!!!

• Options
    UGADAWG4LifeUGADAWG4Life Posts: 273 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options

Looking forward to a Fromm/Tua rematch one day.

• Options
    BetheredgeBetheredge Posts: 199 ✭✭✭ Junior

Hello K. J. Costello has likely already received a call. If he's healthy, he is the best QB in the portal. With his arm & the receivers/TE UGA has coming in, he could have a huge season in Athens. Plus it would give Beck the opportunity to grow into the position.

Jake was in a no win situation. Outside of winning the national championship and the Heisman, his draft stock really had no where to go but down especially with Fields & Lawrence coming out next year.

Thanks for three great years and best wishes Jake.

• Options
    SpdawgSpdawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Paging D’Eriq King

• Options

Next man up! Carson Beck all eyes on you!

• Options
    sutherngasuthernga Posts: 30 ✭✭ Sophomore
    edited January 2020

I am happy that he's leaving, BUT shocked. I was, like everyone else, expecting him to return. He's Kirby's boy. Now, we see the mismanagement of Kirby with Justin in full view. Now, you have your full compliment of wide receivers and a stacked, experienced defense next season, but no experience in the most important position on the field. The most egregious part is we are stuck with James Coley. We shall see how this plays out in the spring.

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bummer, but I wish him the best. A great guy and a DGD. Go Dawgs and Go Jake!

• Options
    TfbTfb Posts: 40 ✭✭ Sophomore

Best of luck in your future endeavour.

• Options
    Classof98Classof98 Posts: 241 ✭✭✭ Junior

“Fromm has a strong fan following”.

Perhaps not quite as big as it used to be. Whatever, Jake. Take care.

• Options
    Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This is indicative of Kirbys lack of focus on the offensive side of the ball. He seems too frequently to be a day late and a dollar short. When Fromm met with him I’m sure he said “open up the offense and give me more control or I’m outta here”. Kirby sure got most of his defensive pieces to stay but failed on offense... the result of blaming your poor hiring choices on seemingly underperforming wide receivers. Next year will be rough, needless to say. Who cares about our WR recruits when we are depleted at QB, and RB.... historically two most important positions on the offensive side of the ball at UGA. Sad sad day to be a UGA fan but sincerely wish Jake the best. He probably made the best move for his career.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Had a suspicion.....yep! Now we have a real dilemma....big trouble. Fromm gave us his all for three years....as most do....but went with the money as did Tua. Now what? Kirby has known this I suspect and as has already been reaching out to transfers. Kirby knows the drill and how these youngsters head for $greener$ pastures. I believe you can kiss the CFP good bye this season for certain....but who knows...a good transfer could be of immense value. This is a real let down for the returnees! God bless you, Jake. It hurts but we thank you for three years of great football.

• Options
    97GradyDawg97GradyDawg Posts: 347 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I wonder if Kirby asked Jake to keep it mum for a couple of days so coaches could make initial contacts with potential transferees before the public news broke.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Best of luck in your future Mr. Fromm..GoDAWGS!

• Options

A little shocked to be honest. Not sure what the rush to get to the NFL was knowing you won't be a 1-2 round pick? Don't tell me he couldn't have improved his stock some by returning and putting up better numbers. So CKS tried to sell him on staying means he was leaning all the time towards leaving or why the sales pitch?

Evidently CKS didn't so so well in that regard. Makes you wonder what Jake was thinking. The team won't be better? I am maxed out on what I can do numbers wise? Or, did someone tell him he could go in round 2 this year? Or, did someone tell him that no matter what you did next season, you are what you are, not likely to move up the board? Jake just tired of UGA and all the scrutiny and under appreciation by Dawgnation?

Inquiring minds want to know.

• Options
    UGADAWG4LifeUGADAWG4Life Posts: 273 ✭✭✭ Junior

Dang Jake ! I miss you already !

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well, all of the Jake haters who loved commenting about how much improved the offense would be without Jake got their wish!

Best of luck, Jake! Thank you for a stellar college career! You made the correct decision!