Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Carson Beck: Can he be the guy to replace Jake Fromm at Georgia?

2»

Comments

• Options
    latemodelraylatemodelray Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

They should look if the right guy is sitting in the portal just waiting to be the perfect guy for our system aka the young man at Wake Forrest

Other than that I agree with you no sense in taking a guy just to take him. Be one and done and right back in the same spot headed into the next season

• Options
    QvoxQvox Posts: 436 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm not sure a grad transfer is necessary. Hell, we lived without this free agency for over a century and did fine. A lot of Freshmen flourish under fire, these kids aren't fresh out of the **** either, they've been playing great football most of their life. Both Beck and Mathis will have practiced with their offence against a fairly experienced and highly talented defense before the first snap next Fall. I put our defense up against what any of those teams are bringing next year.

• Options
    QvoxQvox Posts: 436 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2020

However, I think he might actually be a better quarterback than Fromm IS or was.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well fellas, we got the grad transfer...Jamie Newman out of Wake Forest. Really promising candidate as starter. Good college experience. Dual threat.....passing and running.

TO CARSON BECK...please do not transfer! You have the talent, though raw, that Fromm has and even Newman. Newman is here only 1 year. You can win this thing,...stick with us!!!! GO DAWGS!!!