Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

International Travel Destinations

Comments

• Options
    bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Costa Rica was amazing!

barbados was beautiful

jamaica is cheaper, don’t leave compound at night

• Options
    pocoyopocoyo Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ĺive close to Costa Rica. Go there 3-4 times a year. Very pretty. Only problem with Costa Rica is Costa Ricans. Might only be because I live in Central America and understand the culture but a little too "smug" for me compared to other countries here.

• Options
    CondorFactsCondorFacts Posts: 162 ✭✭✭ Junior

Absolutely loved a trip I took a few years ago. Flew to Southhampton UK, met a friend and we slowly meandered up the countryside to London from there. We did London and Paris via EuroStar after but the countryside trip was a blast.

• Options
    CondorFactsCondorFacts Posts: 162 ✭✭✭ Junior

Speaking of....flying out in the morning for my first trip to Vegas! I'm not a gambler so it's never been a priority but this trip is partially business so impossible to pass up. Hoping my Dawgnation brothers and sisters can point me in the right direction!

• Options
    ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If you've got the money and want to disconnect from the world. Bora Bora is one of the most beautiful places Ive ever seen in my life. Especially the overwater bungalow. I also enjoy Seychelles in Africa. Nice beach and gorgeous environment.

• Options
    tfk_fanboytfk_fanboy Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    carnivorecarnivore Posts: 170 ✭✭✭ Junior

Japan, Japan, Japan.

• Options
    OdinOdin Posts: 460 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

So many cool places in the USA if you take the time to look. People from every other country dream of coming here. Siesta Key is a top 10 beach in the world, try the Grand Canyon, Yosemite, Yellowstone, Maui, Glacier National Park, NYC, San Francisco, Washington DC.

• Options
    mattmd2mattmd2 Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Fully intend on visiting more US sites. Our “strategy” is to do more international flights now (without young kids) and visit more of the US after we have kids and can teach them how great this country is. ‘Merica!

When they’re a bit older, we’ll take them abroad because I think an international perspective is beneficial to becoming more well rounded.

• Options
    pocoyopocoyo Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    OdinOdin Posts: 460 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

No doubt, my Parents took us to all the cool places. Mount Vernon, Gettysburg, and on and on. Looking back I really appreciate it. I love American history. Disney World and Epcot was everything when I was a kid.

• Options
    DawgBiscuitDawgBiscuit Posts: 484 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Consider Thailand too

• Options
    BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The wife and I have been to Scotland (great food & scenery), Italy (stayed in Rome. Amazing sites all within walking distance), and Mebourne ( great foods & great people). Cant go wrong with any of these. Looking at a trip to St Petersburg next summer.

• Options
    ftn49ftn49 Posts: 466 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I visited quite a few different countries while I was in the military. Turkey and Norway were favorites of mine as well, Turkey mainly for the people were very welcoming. Norway for the same and the beauty everywhere. Athens (Greece) was very beautiful however it seemed every other person was trying to rip you off. Thailand, I had a very good time in as well, however I was visiting friends so I was able to avoid most of the things you want to avoid while vacationing easily.

• Options
    Casanova_FlatulenceCasanova_Flatulence Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2020

I was going to go to Budapest in March, but had to switch plans and will be heading to London to see a Six Nations Tour Rugby match at Twickenham (England vs Wales). Having lived abroad and traveled extensively, I will travel to just about anywhere on the planet. My favorite city in the world is Paris, followed closely by Rome. The most vibrant city I've ever been to is Tokyo, great food too. Greece is to die for and I plan on returning later this year - Santorini. Bavaria is spectacular, along with Lucerne Switzerland and Austria.

• Options
    tfk_fanboytfk_fanboy Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate