Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirk Herbstreit, national media praise Georgia football addition of Todd Monken

SystemSystem Posts: 10,517 admin
edited January 2020 in Article commenting

imageKirk Herbstreit, national media praise Georgia football addition of Todd Monken

After the 2019 season saw Georgia football finish 49th in the country in scoring offense, it was clear something had to change with the Georgia offense. And it's safe to say the Bulldogs have done that with the addition of Todd Monken. DawgNation can confirm he is set to join the program, though the specific role is

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    97GradyDawg97GradyDawg Posts: 349 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited January 2020

I'm excited by what Monken can bring to the Dawgs! Of course, I want to have it all, so I wonder about the silence on Monken's role: Is Coley being given a chance to see what's available on the coaching carousel before the UGA organization chart is finalized? I'd hate to lose his recruiting abilities, and I hope we find a way to keep him on staff.

• Options
    oddsbodkinoddsbodkin Posts: 176 ✭✭✭ Junior

This is the way.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I do believe Coley will be offered an alternative post on UGA but he may wish to leave. Coley showed flashes of what Monken brings to the slot. Matt Luke has already proved he is a Pittman recruiting type with the added coaching ability. Coley is good at recruiting but sacrifices have to be made. UGA is "evolving."

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kirby has been saying for over a year he wants more "chunk" plays. Now, he is making it happen! A special teams coach for an elite offensive mind...that's a coup of the first order! Way to go Kirby! Welcome to the greatest university and best college town in America Mr. Monken!

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 524 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I hope it all works out. And it's not a one-and-done type thing. But you know Coley is kicking himself for not going to a&m now.

• Options
    BetheredgeBetheredge Posts: 200 ✭✭✭ Junior

Don't count Coley out. The house has been cleaned and now Kirby is going to turn this crew loose to create a juggernaut of an offense.

It also sends a pretty strong message to recruits that CKS is serious about creating a beast on the offensive side of the ball. With these three coaches - Monken's recent success in the NFL & past NCAA success, recruits should be beating a path to Athens.

• Options
    harleydawgharleydawg Posts: 35 ✭✭ Sophomore

Bottom line...CKS wants more TD's in the red zone and less field goals.....can't wait to see what the future looks like at UGA! Go Dawgs!!!!!

• Options
    Tom1111Tom1111 Posts: 179 ✭✭✭ Junior

Great job Kirby in recognizing that the offense needed improvement.

• Options
    ZbulldawgZbulldawg Posts: 83 ✭✭✭ Junior

Why do we need to print what Kirk Herbstreit said ? We do not need his approval ! He is not a football God... LoL...It's time us to believe in what Our Dawgs are doing because it's best for us & not because of what outsiders think of it ! You Go Kirby

• Options
    ZbulldawgZbulldawg Posts: 83 ✭✭✭ Junior

Herbstreit is a twitter monster ! He needs that attention & as soon as things start to sway another way he checks twitter to see what's the best thing to say at the time ! He's like a so called friend until he gets behind your back & starts going along with whatever others are saying !

• Options
    latemodelraylatemodelray Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

As a Dawg fan I don't give a single **** what Herbtwitt has to say

For some unknown reason Dawgnation and the AJC are either getting pair to make sure his name stays in print or he has some compromising photos or maybe Conner Riley just has a major man crush on the chump or something

Come On Man give the readers more of what they wish to see and stop quoting a Dawg hater that single handed worked to cost us 1 national title with his horse chit that LSU won the conference so UGA didn't deserve a chance at the title game then the very next season he touted why OhioState deserved to go even though PennSt won the title

He deserves to be pelted with rotten fruit and veggies anytime he shows up in the state of Georgia …… The man has hated UGA since his last game as a Buckeye when him and Eddie George was left but-sore as Zier and Hearst trounced them