Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Clemson grad-transfer QB adds to mystique surrounding UGA

SystemSystem Posts: 10,430 admin
edited January 2020 in Article commenting

imageClemson grad-transfer QB adds to mystique surrounding UGA

The recruiting relationship between Chase Brice and UGA is unclear, but the Clemson transfer quarterback still clearly has a lot of affection for the Bulldogs. On late Tuesday night, Brice added to the mystique about his relationship with UGA by switching his Twitter profile picture to a Georgia-themed picture -- a

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Best of luck wherever you decide to enroll Brice..GoDAWGS!

• Options
  • Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I couldn't imagine that he would want to transfer to Georgia at this point and I'd almost rather he didn't at this point. I couldn't believe that he'd have a shot this next year with Newman getting the hype and having only one available year + Beck pushing hard + Mathis ready to play. That'd only make sense if Bennett was going to transfer and I couldn't imagine he'd do that again.

For the following season, though, it's not necessarily easier. Newman will be out of the picture but both Beck and Mathis will have matured and gained experience and then add in the #1 QB recruit of Vandagriff and I can't see him making it.

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I hope Brice goes where he has a good chance to become the starter for the next 2 years. Honestly, I have no idea if he is on a level that would enable him to win the starting job for Georgia next year. Qb room is kind of crowded now. We have a couple walk on’s and 4 scholarship qb’s in there now.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah, I agree, the QB room is standing room only now. Brice is making his move to start...so someone will pick him up pretty soon I would guess. How about Arkansas...lol Sorry, just had to get that in.

Memo: Anyone hear anything about Jones' visit to Ark.? We really need to sign this phenom. Gotta be honest, he pushed Carter around at the Under Armour All American Game. Very quick on his feet. IMO.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Why shouldn't the kid come to UGA if he wants to. Folks keep saying that Newman shouldn't just be given the job, he needs to earn it. I say, the more, the merrier. If he decides to come to UGA, and he's the best person for the job, then play him. Sorry, Newman (and Beck and Bennett and Mathis). And speaking of Mathis, what's with the "his football future is unknown" stuff now? Just two or three weeks ago, DawgNation had a story about him being cleared for spring practice now and fully-cleared for contact in May, ready to compete for the job in the fall. Now, with Newman signed, this same forum has not got him in the "football future unknown" category? You read stuff like that and it makes me wonder if someone has gotten a tip that maybe he won't be cleared for contact after all. Add that to the so-called "mystery" around this Brice kid, and that's how conspiracy theories get started. Stranger things have happened.

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If he sincerely wants to be a Dawg then he may be willing to take the Zell Miller or HOPE scholarship route and come in as a preferred walk-on. Maybe he can live at home which is only minutes away. Not the craziest idea and one that would keep UGa from spending one of its very limited scholarships on him. Hey, Rodrigo did it for 2 years so maybe Chase will follow suit. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
  • Options
    diesel_7diesel_7 Posts: 79 ✭✭✭ Junior

Newman will likely be the starter in 2020. For 2021, there's Beck, Bennett, Mathis & Vandagriff. Let's assume Bennett & Mathis will stay in reserve rolls, so that leaves Beck & Vandagriff. Unless you add Brice.

If Brice comes in with 2 year left, you would then have Beck, Vandagriff & Brice available for 2021.

If Brice could back up Newman for 2020 without playing Beck, that would mean Beck & Vandagriff would both be on the same schedule with no overlap. I don't see both Beck & Vandagriff staying in that situation, but even with one year of separation it may not happen.

• Options
    diesel_7diesel_7 Posts: 79 ✭✭✭ Junior

Word is Brice wants to be closer to home. Yeah, Clemson isn't that far, but apparently he wants to be closer.