Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

UGA hosts 4-star RB Dajuan Edwards amidst Zach Evans rumors

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited January 2020 in Article commenting

imageUGA hosts 4-star RB Dajuan Edwards amidst Zach Evans rumors

Georgia football fans are counting down to the end of the 2020 recruiting cycle on National Signing Day, and DawgNation is chronicling all the buildup with the Signing Day Spotlight — presented by Kroger. Each day, host Brandon Adams will recap the big news for UGA fans from around the recruiting trail as the

Read the full story here

Comments

• rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I'm looking forward to signing day, especially the big tackle's decision. Got to say, I'm concerned.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I too am concerned, rhbatch. Jones has really backed off UGA since Pittman left. His own admission. I am thinking he will see Luke a great substitute but also a much better director of offense than Pittman. Smart and Luke plus his two UGA signee buddies will be on hand to bring him HOME!!! GO DAWGS!!!

Timothy1952..don't be that concerned. I very much doubt Evans has Georgia on his mind. This player, to me, is a screwball. Exceptional talent as a running back...no doubt. But he seems to have a penchant to defy authority...coaches included. These seem deeper trends than a mere toss to his young age. Only my opinion. I like this kid Daijun Edwards...what a bull! Would be a good addition.

• E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The number 19 runningback. Mcconkey is (I think) ranked in the 1,000s, and I saw a blurb that we're the favorite to sign an athlete from Maryland who ranks in the 800s. I'm perfectly fine with the coaches going after the players they think will be the best fit, even if it's not reflected in a recruiting ranking. I trust their evaluations, especially after seeing how McConkey handled himself in those one-on-one drills - kid seems really underrated. It is somewhat striking, though, as a seemingly abrupt departure from the usual MO of going after the most highly rated recruits they can get. Maybe it's just an illusion, with these offers all apparently coming so late in the cycle, but that brings me to another aspect that seems a little unclear to me. I was under the impression that spots in this class were at a premium, and yet, the last-minute offers seem to be pouring in. I suppose it'll all become clearer in the end. Looking forward to seeing how many of these diamonds in the rough (to use what I'm sure is an oversimplifying phrase) actually sign, and their development if they do.

McConkey is a light, shifty slot type speedster, very explosive, Edwards is a tough, Chubb-like bull with break-away speed. Both offer enormous potential....IMO.

• UGADAWG4LifeUGADAWG4Life Posts: 273 ✭✭✭ Junior

Bring Evans in McGee !!! Edwards is good also though.

• ReddenBlaqueReddenBlaque Posts: 18 ✭ Freshman

I don't understand the phrasing "in the mix" for Zach Evans. If they're "in the mix" wouldn't that imply that they are waiting for HIM to choose THEM? And why would that be the case since they supposedly had his letter of intent and released him from it? Wouldn't that imply that they had already rejected him?

I have no idea what Evans might have done for Georgia to reject his LOI and if they want to sign him anyway, I say go ahead, that's not my headache to possibly deal with, I just don't understand the idea that they sent him packing and yet seem to be still recruiting him.

• BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior

Laughing...this kid is 5'11" and he weighs 185 pounds.......that said I'm sure most of the people who respond to this board want to bring this kid in and make him #1 RB...If we are going to get another small back then double the recruiting on Evans

• Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Evans signed with UGA and we released him! Why was he released? Why is no one reporting on this?

• UGADAWG4LifeUGADAWG4Life Posts: 273 ✭✭✭ Junior

Why was Evans released ? We want to know !