Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Closer look: Georgia basketball star Anthony Edwards hitting 'Freshman Wall' like no other

SystemSystem Posts: 10,420 admin
edited January 2020 in Article commenting

imageCloser look: Georgia basketball star Anthony Edwards hitting 'Freshman Wall' like no other

Georgia freshman Anthony Edwards might finally be feeling the pressure of having the program's hopes on his shoulders this season

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior

Yeah...you can get someone out there 5'3", 110 pounds to shoot threes...why isn't this guy crashing the board.....so far this team looks about like last year's team...isn't this guy suppose to leave after his freshman year and be #1 in the draft...laughing

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Edwards is supposed to be what phenoms Sherman Douglas and Dwayne "Pearl" Washington were at Syracuse in the '80s....exceptional shooting guards. These two started fast and lasted same throughout their storied college time...as I recall. Edwards, supposedly in their sphere, is just not able to handle the SEC college ranks as well...it appears. He is sporadically loose and comfortable. Too much hype for this kid. Crean needs to help more to mature his players. I'll give them one more year and then Crean needs to find a new home.

• Options
    JimDawg85JimDawg85 Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior

Edwards is an 18 year old freshman, let's not forget. While he has the man's body to play in, his level of experience says that he is still just a kid. I really think he would benefit from staying one more season at UGA instead of being a one-and-done prospect. Probably won't happen but something he really should think about. The quote from the article should ring in his ears: “To me, he’s a prospect, he’s not a finished product,” ESPN analyst Seth Greenburg said. “It’s amazing people talk about him as the No. 1 overall pick.” I agree. People need to slow the hype train on AE and let him mature as a basketball player.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good points JimDawg85. He is just a kid mentally...some mature faster than others. He is 6'5" tall and well over 220 lbs....so physically he is good size. He is the leading freshman scorer in the nation...but is pathetic at 3-pointers....31%....which Crean said is not the game plan anyway ...the plan is getting him to the net and scoring....he just cannot do this consistently?