Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Will the new XFL last more than one season

124»

Comments

• Options
    pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,737 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I like where you are going but I think that might encourage the other team to try to injure an opposing player to make them play a man down. How about all 15 yard personal fouls result in the offending player having to sit out for one play and the team having to play one player down?

• Options
    dradcliffdradcliff Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I dont think that would happen any more than they already try to knock players out of the game. Any injury time out can also come with a review of how the player was injured. If it is determined the player was injured by the other team violating a rule the injured team would not have to play with 10. If there was an unsporting foul by the other team that player would be ejected.

I want players that can get off the field to get off the field. The team can always use a timeout as to not have to play with 10.

Football games do not have to last 3+ hours, and it does not require a change to the timing to shorten the games, just less stoppages.

I would also like the onside kick changed to 4th and 15 from the 30.

• Options
    LowcountryDawg21LowcountryDawg21 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

There’s a great story up on The Athletic today about how the XFL went about deciding on some of the rule changes- interviewing players, coaches, and fans, watching lots of NFL game film, and even testing the rule changes in live action using JUCO teams (which helped them see how coaches and teams might exploit the rules in a game, and allowed the XFL to tweak the changes, or just to see whether a change could actually work).

I don’t know if the XFL will survive or not, but this approach to a departure from the NFL game seems well thought out. It’s going to be interesting to see how things go.