Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

UGA athletics needs to do more to celebrate its history

SystemSystem Posts: 10,430 admin
edited February 2020 in Article commenting

imageUGA athletics needs to do more to celebrate its history

Paying greater tribute to past accomplishments could help inspire future Dawgs heroes.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Pathetic! UGA needs to Do More!

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree UGA needs to do more to honor its top players, but Bill’s assessment of the 2nd floor is not completely accurate. IT IS open to the public except when there are player interviews going on. Also, I don’t think the Herschel statue is that attractive. That could be the pushback he’s getting. It doesn’t depict any of the famous moves or pictures of Herschel.

• Options
    BillKingBillKing Posts: 62 ✭✭ Sophomore

To David1: you've obviously misread what I wrote. I said the second floor of Butts-Mehre IS open to the public.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Another great article Bill! I couldn't agree more, UGA doesn't do enough to honor the great UGA sports figures..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bill, that’s not the point that came across when you first mentioned it in your article. I did NOT misread your article. You misrepresented it the first time you mentioned it. I saw the part later in the writing where you talked about it again. Be more clear when you write, like saying more people should visit because it is open to the public.

• Options
    ATDATD Posts: 259 ✭✭✭ Junior

Hear! Hear! Or should I say, GO DAWGS!

• Options
    Bulldawg90Bulldawg90 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If Kirby wanted statues at the stadium they’d be unveiled at the G-Day game.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

McGarity has proven time and again that he will do nothing beyond the status quo unless forced by deep pocket donors. Billy Payne is the man to talk to about UGA's sports history preservation. For my money, I would bet LSU will have a statue of Ohio born, transfer QB Joe Burrow before UGA recognizes our native son and the one player that gives Dawg Nation a place to hang our hat in college football hisrory, Herschel Walker!

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We should remember that Dooley was totally hamstrung by Micheal Adams, a complete joke of a university president when it came to athletics.

• Options
    MGMHollywoodDawgMGMHollywoodDawg Posts: 3 ✭ Freshman

Pathetic. And why was my earlier comment deleted? Too long? Too succinct? Pa---thetic!!