Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Why George Pickens might be the biggest winner in new Georgia football offense

SystemSystem Posts: 10,410 admin
edited February 2020 in Article commenting

imageWhy George Pickens might be the biggest winner in new Georgia football offense

Welcome to Good Day, UGA, your one-stop shop for Georgia football news and takes. Check us out every weekday morning for everything you need to know about Georgia football, recruiting, basketball and more. Why George Pickens might be the biggest winner in the Todd Monken offense Much has been and will be made of what

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I hope Pickens does. Especially since he'll have alot more speed threats to help him get open and not have to worry about so many double teams.

Yeah and edwards could have had way more yards than that had he not dropped a certain pass in a certain game in 2002. That was meant to be our year. And who knows where uga would be had we won that game.

• Options
    Dawgfan1995Dawgfan1995 Posts: 77 ✭✭✭ Junior

I'm excited about Kirby having said that D'wan Mathis has been cleared for contact. I think he will end up as the top backup this year.

As for Pickens, he has a load of talent and will take a step up this year. It will be nice to have an offense where the best play isn't a back shoulder throw to a wideout stationed on the sideline.

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree that Pickens and some of the new receivers will benefit greatly from our coaching changes, but I think a close runner-up will be our RBs. If we open up the passing game then it’s going to prevent the opposing defenses from stacking the box and hopefully “Zeus and Company” will run wild. Maybe we will also finally have an opportunity to see Cook in the open field. I’ve heard for 2 years that he has amazing moves in practices, but his touches have been limited due to playing time. Go Dawgs!!!