Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Top Georgia NFL prospects see pre-combine dip in draft status projections

SystemSystem Posts: 10,410 admin
edited February 2020 in Article commenting

imageTop Georgia NFL prospects see pre-combine dip in draft status projections

Georgia offensive tackle Andrew Thomas was selected as a permanent captain and impressed many, and now he's working on being the first offensive tackle selected in the NFL draft

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good luck to these DGD's!

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm sure Swift will do quite well in the NFL. Hope he stays healthy and gets the paycheck he deserves.

• Options
    Dawgfan1995Dawgfan1995 Posts: 77 ✭✭✭ Junior

These "mock drafts" are so meaningless, especially ones before the combine. Never in the history of the NFL draft has a mock draft gotten the first round correct. Ever. So, while it's interesting that Todd McShay is randomly shuffling his deck of player cards and coming up with conclusions like those in the story, they really are the definition of entertainment -- something to talk about in this dark period between the end of 2020 recruiting and the beginning of spring practice.

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

All truth. I would really love to see these "draft experts" go back and pay attention to the 2000 draft. A little known qb who would go on to win 6 super bowls. Just saying.

• Options
    BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 622 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yep it’s kinda like people who flood Vegas for bowl games, playoffs, Super Bowl and March Madness. I’ve done it myself. They (we) all have opinions but can’t say for sure we know what the outcome will be so we try to take an educated guess. Guess we’ll see soon enough. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The future (and the fortunes) of these NFL bound DGD's (all of them) BOOSTS Georgia recruiting for the future for certain!!! New prospects for the 2021 class only see recent DAWGS as they cannot remember all who have worn the red and black. To the elite HS kids coming up nowadays? Someone like Todd Gurley is (to them) "OLD"??? <--- LOL Anyway, GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If Gurley is considered old by the HS kids, the young players would consider me ancient lol

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I hope all these DGD's have outstanding careers in the NFL.