Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Jake Fromm comes up short in NFL combine hand-size measurement

SystemSystem Posts: 10,478 admin
edited February 2020 in Article commenting

imageJake Fromm comes up short in NFL combine hand-size measurement

Former Georgia quarterback Jake Fromm figures to be one of the more scrutinized players at the NFL combine this year in Indianapolis

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    97GradyDawg97GradyDawg Posts: 347 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

1/8 of an inch seems pretty insignificant, so if he and Burrow are essentially equal, he should be fine, I would think.

• Options
    CrushmoreCrushmore Posts: 29 ✭✭ Sophomore

Jake has shown himself to be a poor passer in bad weather.....that's for d@mn sure.

• Options
    sthop456sthop456 Posts: 72 ✭✭✭ Junior

GOAT Tom Brady: A below average 9.38 inches hand size. This stat probably doesn't hold up to statistical analysis, but it probably keeps a few extra scouts employed. Just sayin'.

• Options
    JimDawg85JimDawg85 Posts: 367 ✭✭✭ Junior

Yeah, that's a problem. His hand size isn't any bigger than mine and I an average 5'11" white guy... Good luck Jake!

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good Luck Jake!

• Options
    natejawsnatejaws Posts: 162 ✭✭✭ Junior

Hand size won't be what gets Fromm drafted late. It's all about arm strength for him. If he comes in and has the same zip that Burrow shows (he doesn't need elite Eason, Herbert type arm strength) he'll be drafted in the second day. If it's not that good then he'll end up regretting his decision pretty quickly.

• Options
    DawggyDawggy Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ Junior

Well thank God Fromm won't get drafted by the Browns. Now if Chubb can escape one day soon...

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If Jake could only grow his hands 3/8 bigger he could maybe be a Super Bowl winner like Mahomes. Shucks!

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited February 2020

My sentiments exactly. Joe Burrow-the best things since sliced bread, 1/8 inch smaller Jake Fromm...Seriously? Are we talking measurements for the space shuttle or throwing a football?

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited February 2020

Actually his are a 1/8 inch larger than Fromm's. Burrow played in a dome and always seemed to have good weather. I think he only played in 1 bad weather game. Most of the throws were under 10 yards and the receivers just ran for yardage, much like Tua was able to benefit from it. I think Burrows hand size is an issue also, as well as Fromms . I think the scouts should soak all the footballs and make them throw 15-25 yard outs and see what happens. Too much bad weather in the nfl. Who wants to watch their team go 11-0 just to watch them go 0-5 because of bad weather and that is when you find out the qb can't throw in bad weather. And then watch them get beat in the first round. The wet balls would also show what rb's and receivers can catch also. Just saying

Go DAWGS

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Too bad they can't measure Jake's brain and how fast he processes info. Can't run, not elusive,small hands, short by NFL ideal height, average at best arm strength. Goodness gracious how did he win what 37 games?

• Options
    DawgOnTopDawgOnTop Posts: 15 ✭✭ Sophomore

So Jake has small hands, eh? Yep. Let the jokes begin. :/