Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Jake Fromm's NFL combine performance: 'Is there enough there?'

SystemSystem Posts: 7,421 admin
edited February 2020 in Article commenting

imageJake Fromm's NFL combine performance: 'Is there enough there?'

INDIANAPOLIS — Jake Fromm answered some questions at the NFL combine this week, but Hall of Fame quarterback Kurt Warner was among those not completely convinced. Warner said during the  quarterback-receiver throwing session on Thursday that he still wonders about Fromm's arm strength and physicality. "I’ve been

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    natejawsnatejaws Posts: 162 ✭✭✭ Junior

Wouldn't be surprised if he's a day 3 pick, also wouldn't be shocked if he went in the first round. It would be great if he went to the Pats, perfect Brady replica. Under the radar winner with zero wow physical traits.

• Options
    DawgSonOfGamecockDawgSonOfGamecock Posts: 161 ✭✭✭ Junior

I hope Fromm does well wherever he ends up. Nice to see him and the other DGDs (including Eason) get their opportunities and making UGA figure so prominently at the combine. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My guess is he is taken late 2nd or early 3rd round. I hope I'm wrong.

• Options
    LDawgLDawg Posts: 47 ✭✭ Sophomore

I LOVE FROMM But if you think he's a starting NFL QB, you're wrong. He will not make it in the NFL. Yes he has a great mind, but his physicl traits are not good enough to be in the NFL.I love the guy and he is a DGD but I already knew his ceiling was UGAand the 2017 season they had.

GO DAWGS!! 2020 National Champions!!

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

If he does somehow end up with the falcons, it would be an improvement over "matty ice". Atlanta is still paying for picking him over Rodgers. Funny how 2 "should've been" Atlanta starting qbs went to green bay and flourished.

• Options
    JimDawg85JimDawg85 Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior

Ranking the draft prospects of the QB's in this year's draft based on results so far:

1. Burrow
    2. Tua
    3. Herbert
    4. Love
    5. Hurts
    6. Eason
    7. Bryant
    8. Fromm

Jake is middle of the pack at best. My guess is that if he gets drafted at all, it will be on day 3. Love ya' Jake but you have a lot of competition.

• Options
    78Dawg78Dawg Posts: 165 ✭✭✭ Junior

Well Fromm showed why we couldn't win a natty with him. He was one of the worst QB's at the combine. I doubt he goes before the 4th round if at all. Great guy but that doesn't win championships.

• Options
    KBPKBP Posts: 379 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@78Dawg , Jake was not the reason we didn't win the Natty in 2017. When he walked off the field, he was ahead 23-20 with his opponent facing 2 and 26.

Who doesn't think if Cager was healthy all season, that our offense would not have been demonstrably better? Jake was not the reason we didn't win a Natty during his tenure.

Jake has plenty of the two main attributes of a QB: Accuracy and decision making, and with the right talent around him, you can win NFL games with Jake. Time will tell.