Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

What Florida and Tennessee's early 2021 recruiting success means for Georgia football

SystemSystem Posts: 10,473 admin
edited May 2020 in Article commenting

imageWhat Florida and Tennessee's early 2021 recruiting success means for Georgia football

For perhaps the first time since Kirby Smart has really gotten things rolling at Georgia, it appears that two of Georgia's biggest SEC East rivals are making serious strides on the recruiting trail. The Florida Gators have spent much of the 2021 recruiting cycle in the top-5, currently slotted at No. 4 per the

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I knew this was coming with Pruitt. He's been a great recruiter since he became a coach. And I'll go as far as to say, it would not be a complete shock if he doesn't take over the Alabama job when Saban finally gives it up. To keep a program running and competing, you gotta recruit well. His main downfall though, is his attitude. Obviously Fulmer either isn't paying a lot of attention or just doesn't care. But until they can catch up to Georgia or even Florida on the field, or Flordia as spelled above lol, then enjoy the current success on the recruiting trail. But it's a LONG time until the 1st signing day. And with so many players wanting to stay closer to home because of this pandemic, it wouldn't shock me if players changed their minds. Not just in the SEC, but all across the country.

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Florida and Tennessee should recruit at a high level. Good for them. Better to have a competitive SEC East...

• Options

I struggled so bad to read that post, lol. It's almost like a translator posted it for him. Wow.

• Options
    Dawgfan1995Dawgfan1995 Posts: 77 ✭✭✭ Junior

There was a terrible song during the 1980s by Richard Marx called, "Don't Mean Nothing." While I'm not usually prone to quoting Richard Marx songs, I will here because this "early success" is really shown by this song lyric:

It don't mean nothin'

Till you sign it on the dotted line

Recruiting wins don't mean nothing till they sign their LOI on the dotted line. Call me in December and then we can talk about what this "Means".

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Recruiting is a dicey game. Gimlet-eyed high schoolers are often not the most stable people around...emotionally. Many like to be near home, around family. Some follow buddies in or commiting to a particular college. Others look for the best NFL producers. Some like a co one of the nost visionary ach or coaches....on and on. UGA has experienced it all many times over as have other football programs. This recruiting round is no different. Kids commit then de-commit...some even re-commit. It could be said that the pandemic may affect commits who would now like to remain closer to home. That said, the Vols and FL are out to GET UGA (for one)! They are recruitiing hard to alter the course of past history where UGA has been dominant. Mullen and Pruitt are victims of one of the most surging elite teams in NCAA history..the Georgia Bulldogs under the skillful hands of Coach Kirby Smart...a visionary with a sixth football sense and work ethic that is totally reshaping University of Georgia football. UGA will come back strong in the 2021 recruiting ranks as they have done under Coach Smart for the past several years. And, they will sign these commits!!!

GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

How many more tries does Mullens get to beat UGA? Can't tell me if we win again the higher ups are going to be pleased with Danny boy.

• Options

And Florida gets a decommitment, lol. Love it.

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This is a battle for 2nd place in the East, the team that finishes 3rd will have a coach on the hotseat. If MuLLLen gets his 4th L or finishes behind CJP, then all heck will break lose.

Kirby and co will continue to out recruit and out play UF and UTn, you can count on that.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 2020

I agree with your first and final points, but am not so sure about the hotseat talk. Tennessee has been a disaster for a while now, so as long as they have at least a relatively respectable showing, I think Pruitt will have at least one more year to start to turn things around before calls for his job reach a noticeable decibel level.

And if there's one thing we've learned from Mullen's time in Florida, it's that all he really needs to do to preserve his "genius/guru" status is to not get completely destroyed by Smart; the consistency with which he is being bested doesn't seem to register with in most people's minds. I think losing to Georgia by only one or two touchdowns will keep his seat cool enough for him to keep saying "we're this close." And if they get passed by Tennessee this year, the narrative of the resurgent Volunteers is already circulating for him to use.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 2020

You'll always be welcome in Knoxville,don't forget to dress in pumpkin orange..