Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

High school sports

dradcliffdradcliff Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

How do you guys think Covid 19 is going to effect high school sports next year, and how is that going to effect evaluating 2022-2023 recruits?

I am fairly certain that kids will be back in school in the fall, but I don't see how we move forward with contact sports until significant progress is made in treatment or a vaccine. High school sports are not driven by huge finaciall dollors like college sports. I don't see us rushing into playing sports in schools.

I am sure there is plenty of film on 2021 kids, but there is a lot of evaluating that needs to be done on 2022 and 2023 kids. If the is no football this fall potential recruites from those classes may find themselves having to wait much longer for offers or being allowed to commit.

Comments

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 2020

I can't speak for high school sports or contact sports, but in the travel baseball world, there are already tournaments on the near term schedule in Georgia, and our program is targeting a June 1 date to re-open.

There will be a long list of protocols in place, waivers will be required, and any family that is not comfortable participating is free to hold out as long as needed, with the promise that they will not lose their place in the program if that's their decision.

I imagine the same will hold true for all sports at all levels come this fall and beyond.

• CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Football practice in TN starts June 1

• Canedawg2140Canedawg2140 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sports starting back - at every level - is HUGE for our country. Every level is interwoven with the others - they all work together, and they represent who we are as a society. If HS sports don't play this year, it effects youth sports and college sports. The chain messes up, with huge financial implications as well.

Kids need to play. A few will get sick - very small chance it will be life threatening. My daughter wants to hit a volleyball real bad.

• law_dawg35law_dawg35 Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kids are alrewdy close toghter in school. I don't see how they can not have sports if school's back in session