Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

'Road Warrior' Mark Richt joins DawgNation for noon special presentation

SystemSystem Posts: 10,463 admin
edited May 2020 in Article commenting

image'Road Warrior' Mark Richt joins DawgNation for noon special presentation

Former Georgia coach Mark Richt will share some insight into new UGA quarterback Jamie Newman and discuss his thoughts on the status of college football

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Everyone has an opinion, on Richt. Many thought he was shafted, while many thought it was a good call letting him go. Richt seemed happy going to Miami and had some success, there. Georgia had success when he left. In that respect, it was good, for everyone. But being fired after a 9 win season did rub some the wrong way. In my book, he will always be a DGD.

• Options
    natejawsnatejaws Posts: 162 ✭✭✭ Junior

I love Richt, as a man and a coach, but doesn't he make/have enough to not drive a Uhaul for over 15 hours? I get saving money, but economy of time has to play a part in decision making. Gotta love him though! Ran a fantastic program, with high character. Some people thought there was a discipline problem, but I argue there wasn't a discipline problem because they actually disciplined their players. The schools that don't discipline players (pretty much everywhere Urban Meyer has coached) have a discipline problem.

• Options
    GoodLifeGoodLife Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

It's still way too early, but I hope the university recognizes Richt for his contributions during his 15 year tenure in some form/fashion. Yes, there were alot who understandably criticized the guy but he still will go down as one of UGA's winningest coaches. A DGD indeed.

• Options
    PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Haha. If you, like me, are still trying to earn a living, you are probably correct. But he is retired, has plenty of money, and is probably tired of sitting around the house. I'm sure he could hire that work out. I suspect he did it for the adventure and to just get out and see his kids.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The "U" takes on a whole new meaning lol