Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

SEC presidents will vote on bringing players back in June

SystemSystem Posts: 10,461 admin
edited May 2020 in Article commenting

imageSEC presidents will vote on bringing players back in June

ATHENS — Southeastern Conference presidents are expected to vote later this month on when to bring student-athletes back to campus in June. LSU executive deputy director Verge Ausberry told the Louisiana Economic Recovery Task Force on Thursday the vote would take place on May 22, according to the Baton Rouge

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 521 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The way I see this whole thing now, everyone has the right to be terrified, be saddened by their losses. My condolences to everyone who has lost someone. But I think, at least from what information I gather, I think we're in good standing with this virus. Not saying no one can't get it, or numbers won't skyrocket, but I believe now with the testing and the society waking up and realizing how to safeguard themselves, we could see somewhat normalcy in the near future. But not to say I'm not worried it won't get worse, a la Spanish flu of 1918. I hope we can, not just for football fans clamoring for sports, but society as a whole. It shouldn't be "the norm" to walk around in face masks and worry about your health so much.

• Options
    traildawg51traildawg51 Posts: 46 ✭✭✭ Junior

This is not the "New Normal", it is the "Temporary Normal" for now. The question for Dawg fans right now....."Are you ready for some football!!!"

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’m a season ticket holder and I sincerely believe we won’t see anything that resembles a normal season. At best we will start playing in October.....maybe just play teams in the East and no one else. Bummer, but I don’t see it happening like business as usual. Please don’t bash me for this posting because I may be right......and no one really has a clue. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Here’s several crazy thoughts: if we don’t play this season will the NCAA allow football players an extra season to complete their eligibility (6 years instead of 5). Also, if the worse case scenario occurs, would Lawrence and Fields go pro and would Newman join them or stay for 1 more year? Crazy thoughts, but certainly possible.....especially since the precedent has already occurred with spring semester athletes.