Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

De'Jahn Warren: The real nuggets about the nation's No. 1 JUCO prospect

SystemSystem Posts: 7,421 admin
edited May 2020 in Article commenting

imageDe'Jahn Warren: The real nuggets about the nation's No. 1 JUCO prospect

The nation's No. 1 junior college prospect has quite a story to tell. De'Jahn Warren has a story filled with nuggets that detail the story of a young man that never gave up on playing big-time college football.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Commit to the G!!!!

Go Dogs!!!!

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I know some people aren't going to like this but I always try to keep it real. His history and film reveal a superior athlete that is very undisciplined. Nearly a quarter of the film shows him strutting away from the play toward the sideline while the ball is still live. I am also not certain if he knows how to form-tackle. That bump-tackle won't work in the SEC and Smart won't stand for it even in practice. He is athletic and appears gifted but I have serious concerns about what is going on between the ears. Joker gloves? Seriously? I know we need Db's in this class, but, I am surprised GA offered him with his history and this film.

Unlike "ScoreCheck" below, I say commit to the T, the P or O but not the G. No matter where he plays his Junior and Senior year, I pray this young man maximizes his potential and is blessed in everything HE commits to.

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I say give him a shot. Yeah we've had our bumps and bruises with cocky and arrogant players before. But who knows, he may come out alright. If it doesn't pan out where he can't be a starter or get good playing time, at least he'll have a top notch education. And with all the attrition we're bound to have after this season, we need all the experience on the back end that we can get. Especially considering we could have as many as 3 dbs taken in the 1st round, and 2 being juniors. So that's just my opinion.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"Nugget" Warren is fearless on the field at CB. I am sure he would ditto that in college ball. He hits hard and often. It was JUCO but some of the players had good size. I am wondering about the SEC? Gut feel says he would attack no differently and go for broke on every play. Smart sees something in Nugget. Others as well. Recruit this spirited little guy. He has the mindset of a winner.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Best kick blocker I've ever seen. Seems to do it routinely. Unheard of.

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It’s clear he has had a tough journey....especially with his academics which basically kept him from playing much throughout high school. Hopefully those problems are behind him and I wish him the best with his college career. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    WayxATLdawg89WayxATLdawg89 Posts: 87 ✭✭ Sophomore

I think this young man will be a fine addition to the DAWG POUND!!! Yes, he made some mistakes in his life early on but that's because he had no guidance. He's now older and more mature than most others we recruit so i think he now understands what it takes to perform not only on the field but especially in the classroom.

I don't have a problem with his on field swag like some others who post. Real coaching and guidance will take care of that. Some, like i see it as confidence where others want to call it cockiness not understanding ones journey to get to where they are today.

Wherever you choose to play Mr. Warren, don't let the negative comments of a few determine your life's journey.

Commit to the G!!!

Go Dawgs!!!!!

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 791 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I like his story a lot but I am surprised we are after a Juco Db given our Db depth. Given his age would he return for a Sr season if he does well in 21?