Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia Governor Brian Kemp 'optimistic' on 2020 season, weighs in on Georgia football offense

SystemSystem Posts: 11,152 admin
edited May 2020 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia Governor Brian Kemp 'optimistic' on 2020 season, weighs in on Georgia football offense

Welcome to Good Day, UGA, your one-stop shop for Georgia football news and takes. Check us out every weekday morning for everything you need to know about Georgia football, recruiting, basketball and more. Brian Kemp discusses Georgia football, potential for 2020 season Even Georgia Governor Brian Kemp knows that

Read the full story here

Comments

• kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 2020

If we can get back to campus on June 1st. The first group(s) that I say need to get together is the offense. Give Newman a good chance to start gelling with people. There's only so much you can tell about a person looking at a computer screen. You can't learn how a receiver reacts to a thrown ball looking at a screen or how a rb would react to having a ball pulled back from his hands on an RPO, which would be a whole new makeover to this offense, lol.

On a side note, don't really care for what Kemp says. He's an idiot. I know he's an Alum, but I believe his re-opening ideas to be a little premature. I know financially we need to get revenue back rolling, but it could've waited a little longer. Especially the few days after reopening began, numbers spiked across the state. Should've waited and seen what would happen REALLY SLOWLY.

But the real super idiots are at Ohio state. Gonna risk 20k+ people. Soon as one of those people test positive after the 1st game with fans, the whole season will be shut down. Mcgarity and Morehead need to make the right decision and leave fans out, unless drastic testing measures come about. It's not worth the risk of losing the entire season and all that money to try and force the issue. I know I would love to be in the stands, but I'd rather be able to watch the games at home than not watch any at all and hear more about universities cutting athletic programs.

• Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Everyone that loves sports or football should be comfortable with the idea of only being able to see the games from the comfort and safety of their couch. My prediction: 1. Some liberal State in the Union will still have ridiculously restrictive nanny-state restrictions in place in August and the NCAA will call off the entire season because it will not have been "fair" for every team. OR 2. The season starts without fans at the games, cold and flu season hits in October or early November which also results in increased COVID cases again....NCAAA cancels all sports, government tells us we are intelligent enough to make good decisions and exercises previous stay-in-place laws; etc. I hope I am wrong but the folks in power live to exercise their control and authority.

I am glad Kemp and Georgia led the way with reducing the restrictions. In the words of one of best "Government isn't the solution, it's the problem!"

• E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"I think we’ve gotta continue to follow the data and the science and the advice of public health officials and see what that’s gonna look like.”

Or, you know, manipulate the data to make it say whatever you want, right Brian?

That's the great thing about living in the world today - facts and reality can be whatever you want them to be! Why weren't we doing this all along?!

• tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Please leave the politics at your own front door. I hope there is a football season, some fans or no fans what so ever will do. The virus isn't going away any time soon, but with the right precautions most people will either not get it, or if they do will only show mild to moderate symptoms. People in my age group on the other hand must stay diligent and try to protect our selves, so if there is a season of ball I will enjoy it from my den. I want even have to wear a mask!

• EricDawgs1EricDawgs1 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

LIke we care what this idiot Kemp thinks. He's a true dumbass lying pos. They already said there wont ve a shutdown when the 2nd wave hits so its basically the ones who make thru gd for u and the ones who dont we sry. So let the fans in and go ahead open it all the way bk up.

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,154 mod

Next one that brings in politics as a comment will be banned from the site!. The ones that have, take this as a warning.