Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football lands commitment from 4-star 2021 OL Dylan Fairchild

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited May 2020 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia football lands commitment from 4-star 2021 OL Dylan Fairchild

West Forsyth offensive lineman Dylan Fairchild is an All-American and a Georgia state heavyweight wrestling champion. He has made his college choice. Did the Bulldogs keep a priority OL in the state?

Read the full story here

Comments

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Awesome news!!! Go Dylan and Go Dawgs!!!

• JimmyBobJimmyBob Posts: 197 ✭✭✭ Junior

Great news. I’m struck by how highly 247 thinks of him in their rankings (#40) and and how far down he must be in the other services to pull him down to 135 in the composite, though. ESPN and Rivals must have him in the 200’s?

• BuzzBeeBuzzBee Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman

Didn't mention his height and weight? From photo his neck, shoulder's and guns look pretty ripped. Them wrestlers usually make pretty good athletes.

• My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 379 ✭✭✭ Junior

Hmmm....says on 247 sports he is #7OG and #135 player in America! I feel every player who commits, the article says Elite...lol! Nice article though!

• Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Welcome to the family! Go Dawgs!

• ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Welcome to the Bulldawg Nation!!!!

Go Dogs!!!!

• Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

After reviewing his film, he is a good OG but may have a future at DT too! He appeared to dominate at DT at the high school level. I am certain the coaching staff will put him in exactly the right position to make him the best football player he can become, regardless of position.

• ATDATD Posts: 258 ✭✭✭ Junior

Admitting my ignorance as to how star ratings are given.

Fairchild ranks as the nation’s No. 7 OG and the No. 135 overall prospect on the 247Sports Composite ratings.

If this young man is the #7 ranked guard and #135 ranked prospect, you would think that would relate to a 5-star prospect. Can someone explain how the system works? Go Dawgs!

• bhdawgbhdawg Posts: 16 ✭ Freshman

He looks and is prepared to play now . IMO

3 star and not even ranked nationally by Rivals, but #27 in the state of GA. Have no idea who is right, but there’s a wide range of opinion on this one. Use it for motivation, young man, and welcome!

• tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Great news, way to go young man. Go Dawgs!

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thank you, again, Matt Luke.....you were pivotal in this commit by Dylan Fairchild. Big physically and mentally...6'5" about 300 lbs. Good at OT or DG. Knows the importance of his schooling as well as football. Welcome Dylan....you will make a terrific Dawg!!!

• ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I am so glad that Dylan is a Dawg! I think he is gonna be awesome beating up DL for us.

• OKDAWG64OKDAWG64 Posts: 26 ✭ Freshman

Gotta love it when a kid is not just committed to the Dawgs, you can just tell Dylan is COMMITTED to UGA. THAT'S his school, end of story, PERIOD. With his level of dedication to UGA and his physical abilities, he's going to be a good one for us.