Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Opinion: A bold prediction for JT Daniels and UGA in 2021

SystemSystem Posts: 10,410 admin
edited May 2020 in Article commenting

imageOpinion: A bold prediction for JT Daniels and UGA in 2021

Former five-star USC quarterback JT Daniels announced Thursday he is transferring to Georgia. It remains to be seen what Daniels’ impact will be on the Bulldogs in 2020, but a clearer picture is emerging of what could happen the following season. I predict -- with Daniels on the roster -- UGA will be the preseason

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Newman will likely start....Daniels ACL and meniscus issues are not even a year old. I also like Carson Beck and D'Wan Mathis. Two with enormous talent. They may hang around to see what happens in 2021 as Newman is "one and done." Enter 5-Star QB commit Brock Vandagriff..my choice over all in 2021. This young phenom I firmly believe will be a guiding light for UGA's offense...Daniels will be his biggest challenge by then...still making UGA's QB circumstance a bit hesitant. Then too, hopefully Beck and Mathis will be duking it out with them as well. I don't see attrition until the QB issue is settled for 2020..then others may look for greener pastures. Any of UGA's current roster of QBs will be snapped up quickly. That is football. UGA has lost some really good ones...but this year's stable is one of the best yet...and I would include Vandagriff in 2021. All we can do is wait and see....

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    JoeFannJoeFann Posts: 170 ✭✭✭ Junior

I'm a huge Dawgs fan and Kirby supporter. Going into the fifth season, it's time to see a QB elevate this team. When you look at other "elite" teams the past few years, it was QB play that either got them there or kept them there. So far, only in Jake Fromm's first year could you say that the QB elevated the play of the team. The other years, the team elevated the play of the QB. Don't get me wrong, I believe the choice of Fromm to have been the correct one at the start of each year. However, neither coaching nor scheme allowed or empowered elite QB play to emerge. Getting the talent into the room is one thing. Coaching it to the next level is the magic dust that puts excellent programs over the top. So far, UGA hasn't had it. Here's to hoping Todd Moncken can develop both scheme and QB play to maximize the rest of the elite talent surrounding them. If he does, and UGA can retain him, the future would be bright indeed. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Timothy1952 responded to me: "It’s not a stretch that Georgia has lost some good ones. What needs to be said is that those making the decisions lost good ones." I guess so, if you need it spelled out. Coach Smart is stacking the OB room this year. It is because UGA lost its only starter in three years. Others left as well earlier: Eason and Fields, because Smart saw more potential in Fromm at that time to fit HIS program at that time. I said what I said in passing not as a sticking point! From now on I'll try and be more reference specific. Smart and company have some major decisions to make this go round. I do believe Monken is lending his expertise in a big way. Decisions made regarding the QB will affect the transfer portal down the road AGAIN, yes it will. Thanks for your input, Timothy.