Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Why Georgia football coach Kirby Smart is vague on offensive capacity, personality

SystemSystem Posts: 10,528 admin
edited June 2020 in Article commenting

imageWhy Georgia football coach Kirby Smart is vague on offensive capacity, personality

Georgia football coach Kirby Smart emphasizes execution, so the level of sophistication the Bulldogs' offense will be capable of this season is in question

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 524 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I know this has nothing to do with this story, but the biggest news should be that a player was allowed to come back to school, even after signing an agent and going undrafted. Boy the mess the NCAA will be in with this one.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This story pretty much speaks for itself...UGA football is in a state of flux and transition. Smart is doing what most coaches are doing...assessing where they are at and who will fill the positions on offense as well as defense. Todd Monken and Matt Luke will play major roles this season. The offense has the most question marks. QB needs to be settled so coaches can build the offense around his style. RBs and receivers are somewhat of a known quantity. The newbies will definitely play key roles in my opinion. The task of choreographing a well-oiled cohesive unit is a mighty one but UGA is up to it. UGA has an exceptional coaching staff, new, but exceptional. I am very confident UGA will emerge a formidable foe in the SEC and nation. Mainly because of the returning defense. Can be more specific as time progresses. Smart: “We did not get to go through spring ball with necessarily some of the positions, especially on offense, of guys to see what they can handle,” Smart said. “We will find out what the NCAA and the SEC are going to allow us to do leading up to the season, because right now we do not know that."

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Who is that player? I haven't kept up as normal but I didn't realize that had happened anywhere.