Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Jake Fromm issues public apology on 'elite white people' comments

2»

Comments

• Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 371 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

If this is/was a "friend", I want to see the entire conversation, including the before and after the "leaked" comment. It's easy to take a small portion of something and have it read completely different than the entirety. Think about a move review that reads "The greatest movie.......ever." The entire message may read "The greatest movie in the category of awful movies. Truly the worst movie I have seen, ever."

You can't pick and choose snippets and expect the truth from one sentence in a 400 sentence conversation. That is silly. And no one ever accused Fromm of anything other tan being a really good guy. Never a negative word from anyone. You'd think a racist would have been called out when he is the minority in the locker room. Nothing ever.

• Options
    tglenn93tglenn93 Posts: 25 ✭✭ Sophomore

The guy made a mistake in a private conversation, I bet you all have said things on all different matters in private before that you would not want "leaked" to the public.... To crucify someone and call them racist based off a simple private text message is silly while ignoring all the positive he did for many in the community in and around Athens. Grow up people. Forgive and move on!

• Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 371 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited June 2020

Fromm was one of 11 players in the country to be named to the Allstate Good Works team. That is a very elite group that is recognized for their work in the community with groups of all races. He gave his time and talent to underprivileged youth. I don't know how you can construe a young man who is recognized for this exceptional personality and unselfishness as being bad.

I want to see the entire conversation. This woman deserves to be looked into. If you want to put a story out there, put the whole thing out there.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

There is a bigger picture here than what's taking place on the surface. It's a power grab by Marxist seizing the moment to enhance themselves or their agendas and to reconstruct society to their crazy utopian dream. For example a world without borders, really? A world without police? Really? I mean these things sound nuts to older more rationally thinking people. Marxism? Communism? Please! Anti-capitalism? Seriously? But you need to check out the Black LIves Matter websites or ANTIFA(young whites) and educate yourselves.

These young black men (football players and young black people in general)who rightfully are super-sensitive to every hint of prejudice or racism are being used as pawns in a bigger game than even they understand. They are being stoked and for a reason, and it's not about ending police brutality. If the Black LIves Matter movement was about saving black lives then they would be marching in Chicago and other major cities where Black on Black killings are through the roof, if that truly was their ultimate goal. It's not. It's more about changing the fundamentals of our nation. Ending Systemic racism is only a rallying cry. It's not their endgame., which is more about class warfare. These ideologies do not, I repeat, do not want us to "just all get along" , they would all be out of business if that happened.

I have no problem saying black lives matter, if by saying that you are confessing that yes racism exists in our nation, and we can do better. Only a fool would say otherwise, but has race relations improved in the last 50 years in our country ? Only a fool would say, no! Is there more room for improvement? Of course! But sadly, to say "black lives matter" means something more than that. It is to succumb to a certain ideology that is using every racial slur, every race related incident as a crudgel to fundamentally change America,and not like the less informed believe.

It has become religion. And like the inquisition, there are no innocent accused blasphemers, only those who need torturing until they confess their sin of blasphemy.

• Options
    MiketopiaMiketopia Posts: 9 ✭ Freshman
    edited June 2020

I loved Fromm so it pains me to see that this isn't going to help his career. However, he is a grown man and need to take responsiblity for his past action, whatever it is. Hopefully he will learn and be a better person, NFL or no NFL.

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The female that put Jake Fromm out there to be ridiculed and vilified is just trying to have her five minutes of fame. The whole tweet should be released not just a few snippets of the private conversation. I do not think for one second that Jake is a racist. This person has now caused threats by others against Jake and his family.

Drew Brees was vilified for stating he wouldn't desecrate the American Flag, even his teammates turned on him. A lot of Saint fans were heard shouting **** Drew Breese.

The killing of any unarmed person by police should not be tolerated, and they should be prosecuted for it.

• Options
    MiketopiaMiketopia Posts: 9 ✭ Freshman

To all you people saying she should release the entire text, Jake to do that at anytime if it helps him defend himself.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I always liked Jake Fromm, though I never met him. I had no reason to think that he is racist. But he said what he said. And the problem that most people who are rushing in to say, "forgive him and move on" are overlooking is that, until this came to light -- as far as we know he STILL had those feelings and beliefs. And if his comments hadn't come to light, he likely would have kept on with those same thoughts and feelings. The fact that he apologized tells us that he either truly believes what he said was wrong OR, he has to say it to help his own cause. Either way, there is no way for us to know whether he is genuine but I find it hard to believe someone can change their life's philosophy in just 24 hours. It's disappointing because the question burns, why would he THINK like that in the first place, regardless of whether he actually spoke it out loud (or texted as it were). It's the fact that he even has (had) that mindset that is troubling. He already was facing long odds of making the Bills as a 5th round draft choice and I think those odds just got a lot longer, if they even still exist at all. Go Dawgs!