Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

ESPN analyst: Georgia offensive line expected to drop off, even with Matt Luke

SystemSystem Posts: 10,530 admin
edited June 2020 in Article commenting

imageESPN analyst: Georgia offensive line expected to drop off, even with Matt Luke

Georgia football lost three starting offensive linemen in the NFL draft, including first-round picks Andrew Thomas and Isaiah Wilson

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well, I mean, last year we were SUPPOSED to have this amazing offense and O-line, but... Maybe being underrated will work better for us this year.

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

So we lose two 1st round draft picks and we can't replace them immediately with two more 1st round draft picks? Shame on us! By Nov our OT's will be hitting their stride.

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Where did this Cole Cubelic come from? Why is he so respected by people like Mike Griffith? What makes him such an expert seemingly out of nowhere?

• Options
    RSDawgRSDawg Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This is all to the good.

• Options
    JimDawg85JimDawg85 Posts: 367 ✭✭✭ Junior

Glad to see the media make the Dogs prove it before heaping praise. Players have a tendency to think that they have made and lose their edge. Kirby referred to the same thing earlier this year. That said, I take some comfort in the words of Isaiah Wilson at the scouting combine this year. He said that if “you are sleeping on GA’s offensive line next season, they are going to wake you up!”

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 833 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Luke has a deep crew of bad OL dudes, and I'm pretty sure he knows how to coach them up and deploy them. In fact, this unit is among the least of my worries for this team. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I like the under sell. This O-line is going to be better than the previous 2 years because the talent will be there and will NOW actually be coached up. Coach Lukes O-line will play faster and more aggressive than what we seen with Sam's group. There will be no tolerance for complacency under Matt Luke!

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I want to see our OL live up to POTENTIAL, not like we have seen for the last couple of years. The lineplay has been good but not up to what the talent should have produced, let's see if fresh coaching can change that.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A chain breaks at it's weakest link. While the O-line last year was able in some games to wear down lesser opponents. The weak link last year was the passing game with Cager out. Blaylock out, a couple of our receivers couldn't catch the ball if you walked it out and handed it to them. That allowed opponents to load the box and **** the run game. How many times the last two seasons did we see they couldn't get 3rd and 1 or 3rd and 2, or pick up a 4th and 1? Too many. We don't need last season 2.0.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Linemen Broderick Jones, Carter, TE D. Washington. 6'7" 255 lbs, RB K. Milton, Big man Tate Ratledge, Kelee Ringo, Arian Smith...just a few of the signee names to watch for this season to make a contribution. Probably more in 2021, but nonetheless, they are potential play makers. Coach Matt Luke has already earned his stripes against Baylor. Aerial Raid Coach Todd Monken I know will see more sky balls. This will be a season to remember in more ways than one.