Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football podcast: Jake Fromm's texts force UGA fans into uncomfortable conversation

SystemSystem Posts: 10,528 admin
edited June 2020 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia football podcast: Jake Fromm's texts force UGA fans into uncomfortable conversation

Georgia football is the No. 1 topic every day on DawgNation Daily — the daily podcast for Georgia Bulldogs fans. Catch up on everything happening with UGA athletics with host Brandon Adams and the DawgNation experts as they break down the latest Georgia football recruiting news and discuss coach Kirby Smart’s quest

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    JimDawg85JimDawg85 Posts: 367 ✭✭✭ Junior

I thought Steak and Sandra on The Front Row did a pretty good job of defending Fromm. They read the entire exchange on air and the comment (however inappropriate) wasn’t intended to be about himself. We all make mistakes and this is not something that should haunt him for his career.

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I wish everyone would let this go. My money says that everyone casting stones at Fromm have said something similar at some point in time. I’d also bet that minorities say things they wouldn’t want posted for the world to see. Fromm screwed-up and has apologized...please folks let it go and let’s get on with more important issues. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    chilidawg1chilidawg1 Posts: 159 ✭✭✭ Junior

It is important to focus on the subject of Jake's tweet and not just one word (whites). So with that in mind what was Jake talking about? Jake was commenting on the expanded availability of suppressors for fire arms. The public's experience and knowledge of suppressors primarily comes from movies and TV, and based on that suppressors are not seen as something every gun owner needs. Suppressors even more than handguns themselves are associated with taking a human life. Jake was expressing support for the position that the wide spread availability of suppressors would make it easier for criminals to use them. I suspect most gun owners and non gun owners agree with Jake. They also recognize that higher prices tend to reduce the demand for goods and services (including suppressors).

So, was Jakes's comment racist? Was it meant to be offensive or degrading to people of color? I am confident that was not Jake's intention.