Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Greg McElroy: Georgia's Jamie Newman 'way more talented' than Alabama's Mac Jones

SystemSystem Posts: 10,565 admin
edited June 2020 in Article commenting

imageGreg McElroy: Georgia's Jamie Newman 'way more talented' than Alabama's Mac Jones

ATHENS — Greg McElroy has quickly become one of the top ESPN analysts with bold commentary like his recent comparison of Georgia and Alabama quarterbacks. The teams are scheduled to meet on Sept. 19 in Tuscaloosa this season. Former Bulldogs’ quarterback Hutson Mason was interviewing McElroy on the Tug and Hut show

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ATDATD Posts: 260 ✭✭✭ Junior

Wonder what advertising time on the Tug and Hut show is selling for? Seems like a fair assessment by McElroy.

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 525 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I feel the same with McElroy, but he is also known to pump up opposing teams before bama plays them. Sounds like a true sabanite, kind of like kirby. "We're playing east west coast north Hawaii community College and we're on upset alert. They have a complete team". But I wish we could've gotten to see more of Newman in spring. Hopefully he's putting in reps with all his offense as much as he can right now.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I've seen nothing fro Mac Jones that leads me to believe he can't be successful. A very competent QB. Can he run like Newman, I don't think so. The kid doesn't rattle. Sort of like Jake. Most seem to think Young will be the Bama QB before the season is over,though. We'll see. CKS needs to prepare for his 2nd half entrance though if BAMA is down at the half to us.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,153 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Newman is no Mac Jones! He is better! Stats-wise and all-wise. Jamie is a tall QB that can run. His run stats are as good as some RBs. He has a rifle arm and seems fairly accurate most of the time. Did see a high interception rate. He is elusive as a QB...he alone can pick up the 3rd and 4th and ones. Very mobile with great athleticism. Yeah, he is better than Mac. The lone problem is in the SEC he could be more easily hurt running. Tougher conference than the ACC. That being said, I do believe in Jamie and hope he wins the job!!!

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The most talented QB doesn't always win the game. Newman could possibly be the best QB in the whole SEC this year and still not lead the Dawgs to the SEC title game. Be a shame if it happens, but stranger things have occurred.

• Options
    HuckleberryHuckleberry Posts: 463 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I am hoping that J. T. Daniels is made eligible to play this year. It is not because I am worried about Neuman and his talent level but because of the uncertainty of the virus situation. It is a wild card for everybody. The possibility of players missing games is going to make depth at the skill positions a necessity. Having two quality qbs. that are both going to play in games will give defensive coordinators a lot of sleepless nights too. Injuries can always happen at any time. Hopefully, Monken will give both of these young men ample playing time. That will keep them happy and prepare Daniels for the starting job next year. Next year he can do the same thing with Daniels and Mathis. I love the athletic ability of Mathis. He might be the best athlete of all the qbs. Beck is going to push everybody too. He is going to surprise a lot of fans with his arm and ability to run this offense.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"uncertainty of the virus situation"

Might want to make sure your QB's practice social distancing. Would hate to see the whole group come down with something together . Hard to do though in a team sport where everything is about contact and high-fiving(chest bumping) and slobber knocking one another.