Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

WATCH: Former Georgia star D.J. Shockley shares take on Carson Beck future

SystemSystem Posts: 10,494 admin
edited June 2020 in Article commenting

imageWATCH: Former Georgia star D.J. Shockley shares take on Carson Beck future

Georgia football freshman Carson Beck has been regarded as the Bulldogs' quarterback of the future, but the addition of transfers Jamie Newman and JT Daniels may delay him taking over the team

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

His future's so bright, he gotta wear shades!

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It's gonna be very interesting to see how our Qb competition shakes out. We have gone from having a super Qb depth chart to having an extremely deep and maybe too deep of a qb roster. I want to see what Beck and Mathis can do, but both will have to wait til next year, and then we'll have another Qb stud in the room, BVG.

Like I said, it's gonna be very interesting to see how this shakes out.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,150 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Carson Beck is going to be hard to beat next season.....but so is 5-star recruit Brock Vandagriff!!! Both are exceptional young QBs. I agree, Daniels will go NFL in 2021, especially if he can somehow showcase all that talent this season along with Newman. It is hard to tell how these young QBs will respond to not being the starter. D'Wan is in the mix as well. We've gone from one secure QB to a full room of potentials!!!!! Kinda nice for a a change.

• Options
    DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 413 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I'm worried that either Beck transfers or BVG decommits. I hope I'm wrong.

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I think a year getting the close attention of the nutrition staff and the strength and conditioning staff will do wonders for this young man. His body will become more developed with the right kind of muscle development for his upper and lower body. I think he can be a really good one.