Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Lovasea Carroll: Georgia RB commit shuts down all talk of a Florida flip

SystemSystem Posts: 10,410 admin
edited June 2020 in Article commenting

imageLovasea Carroll: Georgia RB commit shuts down all talk of a Florida flip

Was Lovasea Carroll really trending toward Florida? Yes he was. But the nation's No. 6 RB prospect put an end to all of that chatter with a Father's Day tweet.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Carroll is dynamite on his feet. Stutter stepping defenders, driving through the box to the House. He is fast. Good balance. Break away speed. Glad he settled on UGA...RBU!!! He is the Dawg running back of the near future.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This is all well and good but NOTHING is shut down until he signs the LOI. The fact that he admits he was seriously considering flipping means that it's not a done deal with us yet. Any little slip up or slight -- real or imagined -- between now and signing day could see him wind up in the orange and blue. I hope he's solid to us now, but again, it ain't over until it's over. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Love the young man's honesty, and dedication to being a Dawg! He handle this with great respect to UF. He knows UGA and Kirby will get the best out of him, and a better his chance at playing in the NFL. The kid is smart!

Can't wait to see him busting off a long run 'tween the hedges, and down in Jacksonville!

GO DAWGS!!

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I can't wait to see Carroll running wild between the hedges in Athens!!!! The rich tradition of RBU in Athens is in good hands!!!!

Go Dogs!!!!

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It ain't over until it's signed , sealed, and delivered. Dreams of other schools can get a commit flipped, he's already flipped once. I wish there was a rule that once a recruit commits, he would be able to also sign on the dotted line. Then he would be given one chance to transfer per season of enrollment.

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Carroll made the Smart decision. GOOODAWGS!

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I'm glad he remained committed but I won't be surprised if we have further drama from this young man. I hope not but the signs are there.

• Options
    BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

From 09 through 15, we all stared in amazement as Bama stacked class after class of 5* recruits. Number 2 during those years wasn't even that close. Why would a kid go there and wait and wait to play? A very common complaint/question many of us contemplated. As I have learned from Coach Smart, trust the process, and getting the right kids on board is the essence of the process.