Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Jamaree Salyer: Georgia football leadership group keeps team 'ideas aligned'

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited July 2020 in Article commenting

imageJamaree Salyer: Georgia football leadership group keeps team 'ideas aligned'

Georgia junior offensive lineman Jamaree Salyer shared how UGA leadership meetings with Kirby Smart are keeping the team on the same page

Read the full story here

Comments

• khummelkhummel Posts: 801 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I love what Kirby has done to upgrade the talent (players and coaches) and facilities at UGA, which bodes well for taking the Dawgs to another gear and the highest level. But from outward appearances, Kirby doesn't seem like much of a listener. Glad to read from this article that appearances can be misleading/wrong, since Salyer says the players can channel ideas to Kirby, and he not only listens to, but uses them. Hope the same is happening with listening to the stellar coaching staff he's assembled. It's certainly the mark of great leaders-- to surround yourself with the best available talent, and harness the collective wisdom. In any case, I'm also hoping Salyer has a "lights out" year, unleashing his immense (no pun intended) physicality and smarts on the SEC, proving all the experts wrong in spearheading a dominant o-line to a dominant season, All-America honors, and a first-round draft pick like his buddy Andrew Thomas. Go Dawgs!

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Jamaree Salyer has that work ethic of a leader..besides being a horse on the OL at 6'4" 325 lbs. He is a wrecking ball. Obviously he doesn't base his football existence on raw physicality. Smart has him in the leadership group....among others. I see him as a captain. He likes to express himself and discuss player issues, thus aligning ideas and promoting cohesiveness. Great idea!

• HuckleberryHuckleberry Posts: 463 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hope this young man has a great season. He is the ideal person to be a leader on the team and this group. He came in highly rated and had to wait his turn because of so much talent on the offensive line. He didn't cause problems and just kept working to get better and be ready when his time came. A very high character person to not grumble or get down on himself. His future is very bright. I hope he gets picked high in the NFL draft just like his friend and former teammate.