Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

The 5 most important new SEC coordinators

SystemSystem Posts: 10,443 admin
edited July 2020 in Article commenting

imageThe 5 most important new SEC coordinators

Every year the SEC shows once again that one of college football’s most important arms races is the ability to acquire quality assistants. The energy and expertise these top lieutenants can provide can be invaluable on the field and in recruiting. With that in mind, here are the most important new faces in the league

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have all the respect for Bobo, but I'm glad we are starting fresh offensively. We need to "air out" our game to allow our RBs to be able to run. I want a coach that will smile when they load up the box and make. them. pay.

• Options
    tomdialwestervilletomdialwesterville Posts: 19 ✭ Freshman

Why is everyone so pumped about Todd Monken's new role at UGA. Man, this guy had one of the most futile offenses in the NFL last season in Cleveland. With two of the best receivers in the league, Baker Mayfield basically fell on his face. And without the outstanding play of RBs Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt, the show would have been much worse. I just don't get it.

• Options
    HuckleberryHuckleberry Posts: 463 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2020

If our offense can average 35 a game we will be hard to beat. The defense is going to be just as good as last year and probably a lot better. Monken will be a significant upgrade as the offensive coordinator. I think we will see a lot more players involved in the offense. Defenses will have a hard time covering Pickens and if they double team him there will be somebody else open. I think the passing game will open up our running game for some long runs. Defenses will have to play qb. just like a running back.

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I am really excited to see what coach Monken can do with our offense. This guy can coach!

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    maconexpressmaconexpress Posts: 164 ✭✭✭ Junior

If Kirby doesn't interfere with Tom Monken's offensive philosophy I believe he can turn those #1 classes into a national championship team. In his first year as the OC at Oklahoma State he helped Mike Gundy win his only Big 12 Title and he did it with lesser talent but at uga he will have elite talent across the board.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

How did Saban do at Miami? What does one have to do with the other?

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Todd Monken knows his offenses. He knows what UGA needs and who is avaiable to meet his goals toward...an NC. KS also hired Monken for this specific purpose....open up the offense so the RBs can better utilize the RP option. He will do this! It is his mission at UGA. He will accomplish his mission...and UGA will be demonstrably stronger offensively. It is exciting just talking about it. UGA will have a new look at offense this season. Count on it. (Remember, also, newbie Matt Luke is working with the offensive line...very good !!) Put these two pieces of the offensive puzzle together....natty! GO DAWGS!!!