Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

6 second-year Georgia football players primed for major impacts in 2020

SystemSystem Posts: 10,422 admin
edited July 2020 in Article commenting
image6 second-year Georgia football players primed for major impacts in 2020

ATHENS — A recent ESPN article noting second-year players “who will make a bigger impact in 2020” featured six SEC players. Amazingly, none were from Georgia, despite the Bulldogs having the No. 2 signing class in 2019 including five 5-star prospects. Perhaps the Georgia media guide got lost from the ESPN author’s

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

ESPN is not my bellwether! Never has been and will not be in the future. George Pickens is perhaps the best WR in the SEC, even nation. His second year will soar beyond his first. I agree with the others except maybe for Kenny McIntosh. I don't really doubt this young back, I just think Zamir White will over power him..so UGA will have two zingers in that slot. Nolan Smith also will still be behind Azeez Ojulari and maybe even Jermaine Johnson...but is a real producer at OLB when he does see playing time. I am really excited about the Dawgs prospects this season. Loaded with top talent!!! Unlike I have seen in many a year. The coaching matches the player talent....what a season this will be!!! GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    dirtypantsdirtypants Posts: 259 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Thinking about this linebacking corps over the next 2 seasons and the potential we have just in that one position group is unreal. The 2017 linebackers group was a huge reason we went to the natty, and i see as much, if not more, potential in this new group. Great read @MikeGriffith

• Options
    MikeGriffithMikeGriffith Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's going to be very intense competition, and UGA depth will serve the program well.

• Options
    MikeGriffithMikeGriffith Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I don't have much respect for espn on anything.

• Options
    HuckleberryHuckleberry Posts: 463 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Travon Walker will be a beast this year. Defensive lineman usually don't have a lot of impact their freshman year but Walker made his presence known in the SEC. He should be a lot stronger his second year and his knowledge of the defense will make him a better player too.

• Options
    RealityBasedDawgFanRealityBasedDawgFan Posts: 198 ✭✭✭ Junior

Just absolutely tearing my heart out that UGA is so talented and primed for an incredible season and COVID 19 is going to render it all a moot point. I am beginning to wonder more about future eligibility and how a shortened or delayed season will impact classifications moving forward.