Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

SEC schedule could be redrawn, commissioner Greg Sankey sticking to 'late July' timeline

SystemSystem Posts: 10,463 admin
edited July 2020 in Article commenting
imageSEC schedule could be redrawn, commissioner Greg Sankey sticking to 'late July' timeline

Georgia AD Greg McGarity said there are several scenarios, one of which would be the SEC schedule being redrawn should non-conference games be eliminated

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    VenomGAVenomGA Posts: 359 ✭✭✭ Junior

to not play Tech would be unthinkable.

• Options
    PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Tech adds nothing to strength of schedule, is not an sec game, and the only results are bragging rights and exposing players to injury or ejection (Pickens), to potentially negatively affect the team in the SECCG. Tech game DOES NOT help the Dawgs win the SECCG. It COULD be a major factor in them LOSING it, though. I say drop the tech practice game for 5 years. Look into it again if tech is ever able to consistently field a top 25 team, whereby it might actually mean something to beat them.

• Options
    RedPantsDawgRedPantsDawg Posts: 175 ✭✭✭ Junior

A reduction in the number of games must include a refund for season ticket holders who have paid for those games. It doesn't matter how many games are played, what matters to me is if fans are in the stadium to see them. I don't see how you have a season if fans are not in the stands.

• Options
    JimDawg85JimDawg85 Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior

It would seem like they are going to have to redraw the schedule. My vote would be for 9 conference games plus one non-conference rivalry game (Yech). Even though it wouldn’t hurt my feelings if they drop Yech all together. A 10 game all SEC schedule would be pretty cool. Then maybe by the end of the season, they could match up the conference champions and have a playoff!

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 793 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

A 10 game SEC conf only schedule! If we simply add the next two opponents, that would benefit us. I'd imagined that they would instead give us the next two hardest SEC W opponents; TXAMU and LSU to our current schedule.

• Options
    My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 382 ✭✭✭ Junior

It would be awesome to replace the 2 small school games, and the 2 ACC teams with all SEC teams we haven’t played in a long time Or have hardly played. Ole Miss, Ark, LSU, Texas A&M again...would be lots of fun. Everyone play a 11 or 12 SEC team schedule. I know ppl wouldn’t like this bc UGA might get left out, but I say the top 2 teams with the best SEC record plays in the SECCG, regardless of division...something new.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We are yet dreaming. Wait til the end of July, then start making some sense of all this. I like the idea of a 10-game inter-conference schedule only. Say Hi to Pittman.....lol. Yes, it would take a bit of re-drafting. McGarity is still feeding us what he thinks....not what he knows. Wait until end of this month.