Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirby Smart shares nagging concern about Georgia defense overwhelmed by LSU

SystemSystem Posts: 10,463 admin
edited July 2020 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart shares nagging concern about Georgia defense overwhelmed by LSU

Georgia football could have one of the top defenses in the nation, if complacency doesn't set in among the Bulldogs in 2020

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    DawginNCDawginNC Posts: 7 ✭ Freshman

Well, we’ve also got to have an offense that can keep the ball a little longer. Both the Auburn and Florida games became competitive in the fourth quarter as our offense continuously went three and out, and our defense became exhausted. Hopefully with better balance, our defense will get well needed rest, and we can take the next step.

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited July 2020

Where to began Mike Griffith. I stated it last year and I believe several people gave me a vote down, (shock, due to not being able to handle facts). That defense was statistically real good, but they were the benefactors of not playing an offense ranked higher than 35 (at the time they played them), until LSU. And we all remembered what happened. Don't get me wrong, the offense did the defense absolutely no favors, by being so bad. The whole story is like claiming to have the No. 1 pass defense after 2 weeks, and you played Ga. Southern and the old Tech offense. Nobody really knows how good your pass defense is until you play a team that can throw the ball. Just my 2 cents.

GO DAWGS

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

LSU had the better defense against the Dawgs, it was their offense. Under Les Miles, the Tigers would run, run and line up and run again. They changed their HC, they also changed their offense, it took two years for Joe Burrows to become the passer he became under Orgeron, and a new QB Coach. Under the Dawgs, all the HC's have also been run first, run second, and run third. Starting with Vince Dooley, all believed the forward pass was, and is too dangerous to use. With the speed of defenses today. you have to be more balanced.

The question is will Kirby really trust Todd Monken to run a more wide open offense, to score and score again, instead of giving it a RB to try to run it in 7 times from the one yard line against the stinking Gators.